To raise queries with our Community Engagement Team (non emergency)
Phone 01392 723721 Email communityengagement@
The University of Exeter wants to support projects that enhance the relationship between students and permanent city residents. The Community fund offers grants of up to £300 for projects linking students, local residents, community organisations and local agencies.
The remit is very broad and we encourage interested applicants to use their imagination - environmental projects, community events, improved communication could all be relevant. We look forward to receiving applications from local community representatives as well as student organisations.
All project suggestions must be provisionally discussed with Rory Cunningham (Community Liaison Manager) before applying. You can download a Microsoft Word copy of the application form to fill in using word processing software. Alternatively you may download a pdf version of the form to print off and complete by hand:
- Maximum grant available is £300
- The grant can be used to part-fund a wider community project
- No deadline for applications – grants are issued on a rolling basis
- Successful applicants can re-apply each term, but not for the same project
- The need for each project must be clearly evidenced
- Other organisations and agencies working with University of Exeter students and permanent Exeter residents can apply for the fund – as long as direct student/resident collaboration can be evidenced.
Does your organisation have a volunteering, placement or internship opportunity for students? Or could your organisation benefit from independent research expertise to support your work?
The Community Partnership Hub connects public, voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector organisations with researchers and students at the University of Exeter. Our aim is to help establish long-term, sustainable relationships which support partnering through research projects, student placements and internships, or volunteering.
Please visit the Community Partnership Hub website to find out more.