Council is the Governing Body of the University. The Chair is Sarah Turvill and the Secretary is Geoff Pringle, Chief Operating Officer. Council meets six times a year and has a number of committees reporting to it.
Joint Committees of Council and Senate
The following committees report to both Council and Senate (some sites may be password protected). An organisation chart showing the Committee structure (pdf) is also available.
Committees of Council
- Audit Committee
- Council Nominations Committee
- Joint Committee for Consultation and Negotiation
- Remuneration Committee
Committees of Senate
- Board of the Faculty of Taught Programmes
- Board of the Faculty of Graduate Research
- Flexible Combined Honours Degree Board of Studies
- Peninsula College of Medicine and Dentistry Joint Approval and Review Board
- Military Education Committee