Business Manager to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor for (Education) and the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (External Engagement)
Roscoe Hastings is Business Manager to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor for (Education), Professor Tim Quine and the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (External Engagement), Professor Mark Goodwin. He provides executive support and business management across the entire range of issues within the two DVC portfolios. In particular this is achieved through policy advice and research, horizon scanning and drafting reports and briefings. Working closely with the relevant Professional Services teams, he undertakes work and projects relating to the DVCs' work and assists the DVCs' in the development and implementation of the University’s core strategies, including the University's Education Strategy (2014-2020), the Global Strategy, Business Engagement Strategy and the University’s Regional Strategy.
His duties also include:
- Secretary to the Education Executive;
- Deputy Secretary to the Vice-Chancellor’s Executive Group;
- Secretary to the Innovation and Business Dual Assurance Group;
- Secretary to the Global Strategy Dual Assurance Group;
- Secretary to the Student Experience Advisory Board;
- Secretary to the Degree Apprenticeships Steering Group;
- Secretary to the Global Partnerships Board;
- Point of contact for information regarding the Teaching Excellence Framework and Secretary to the TEF Steering Group;
- Point of contact for information regarding the University’s Education Strategy.
Roscoe joined the University in May 2015. Prior to this, he worked in student engagement and experience at Kingston University, London. Before that he was Research Officer to the Registrar and Secretary of the University of Sheffield, from 2012-2014 where he was also a student achieving his BSc (Hons) in Psychology. Roscoe was awarded the Chancellor’s Medal for services to the University.
Outside of the University of Exeter, Roscoe is Vice-Chair of Trustees at the local chairty Young Devon; an Ambassador for Young Charity Trustees; and active member of the Association of University Administrators (AUA). He was formerly Deputy Chair of Trustees at the Union of UEA Students (2014-2017); a Member of the National Union of Students Talent Development Advisory Group (2016-2018) and Non-Executive Director of the Sheffield City Trust (2012-2014).
BSc (Hons) (Sheff)