Professor Janice Kay, Provost
Professor Janice Kay
Janice Kay has been the Provost and Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor at the University of Exeter since August 2014.
As Provost, Janice is responsible for the oversight of the University’s educational affairs and activities, and those of the Professional Services, and provides leadership to deliver the University strategy. In addition to this, she undertakes such duties as the Vice-Chancellor may delegate to her, in the light of University priorities.
Janice is responsible for the line management of the University of Exeter Medical School.
Before commencing her current role, Janice spent ten years as the Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Education, from August 2004 to July 2014.
Janice also has many external Board/Director commitments:
- Board member of the Higher Education Academy;
- Board Representative for the Health Education South West;
- Director of the South West Peninsula Academic Health Science Network;
- Director and Chair of the Board of the South Devon University Technical College;
- Chair for the Health Expert Education Reference group;
- Non-Executive Director for the Royal Devon & Exeter NHS Foundation Trust;
- Board member of the Ted Wragg Trust/Cranbook School;
- Board for the Exeter Mathematics School.
She is a Professor of Cognitive Neuropsychology, first appointed to Exeter through a Wellcome Trust University Lectureship. Her research, funded most recently by ESRC as well as Wellcome and MRC, is concerned with theoretical modelling, assessment and rehabilitation of disorders of perception, speech, language and memory. For six years, she chaired the 1994 Group Student Experience Policy Group.
Contact: Jo Engelbach Sayer (Executive PA)