All of us have a part to play and everyone can get involved – whether its joining our student panel, engaging in consultation, adopting recommended practice or sharing your experiences and ideas – everyone can be a Success for All Champion.
Students can get involved in a number of ways such as:
- Success for All Student Panel - made up of around 100 of our student Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity Representatives, the panel ensures the student voice is central to the work being carried out across the programme. It meets termly to provide insights, raise issues and feedback on proposed solutions. This is run in conjunction with the Student Unions. If you would like to take part contact Tina Verhaeghe, Project Coordinator for Inclusive Education.
- Student representatives – we have student representation on a number of our working groups and also within our College groups. Please get in touch if you want to get involved.
- Research and consultation – we carry out research and consultation throughout the year to support specific initiatives. Look out for invitations to take part in surveys, focus groups and town hall events.
- Student Groups – we engage with a number of student groups and societies about specific areas of our work such as the BME Staff and Student Association, 93% Group and Mature Students’ Group. If your group would like to find out more and get involved, please get in touch.
Staff can get involved in a variety of ways:
- Keep up to date – keep an eye out for our termly bulletin and regular briefings for the latest information and opportunities to get involved
- Resources and good practice - a really simple way to get involved is to use the variety of resources and information supporting inclusive practice and teaching.
- Pitch in – if you have expertise in a related area or just want to pitch in, there are plenty of opportunities to support the plethora of projects underway, please get in contact
- Get involved in widening participation – if you want to use your research and teaching expertise to help students access university there are plenty of ways to get involved in widening participation
- Research and innovation – if you have a great idea for innovation, research or practice to support successful for all, you can bid for resources and support to get your idea off the ground through the Education Incubator and Centre for Social Mobility small bids scheme.