- Support offered by AccessAbility
- Support for students with specific learning difficulties
- Support for students experiencing mental health difficulties
- Support within your College
- Funding your support
- Accessing your support
- Disclosing your disability
- Contact AccessAbility
- Information for university staff
- Information for external assessors
- Information for prospective students
- Exeter Access Centre
- Cornwall Accessibility Service
Information for University staff
AccessAbility helps University staff in terms of supporting them to support students.
We can help staff with:
- advice and guidance on supporting students with disabilities
- training on inclusive learning and teaching or specific disabilities
- networking opportunities with other staff in sharing best practice
- signposting to, or liaison with, other services
- advise on legislative responsibilities that we have with regard to disability, equality & diversity.
We also maintain the Access to Learning website, which provides information about accessible learning and teaching. The Equality Challenge Unit and Higher Education Academy have produced Disability legislation: practical guidance for academic staff.
AccessAbility has a role in ensuring that all the work we do as a University includes a commitment to accessibility and inclusion at all levels. The Fitness to Study policy is currently being reviewed which will act as a supportive alternative to disciplinary procedures for students who are experiencing health/disability difficulties.
We are happy to advise staff on any disability related issues. For practical assistance and advice, staff should liaise with their line manager and the Occupational Health Service.