- Support offered by AccessAbility
- Support for students with specific learning difficulties
- Support for students experiencing mental health difficulties
- Accessing your support
- Disclosing your disability
- Funding your support
- Support within your College
- Exeter Access Centre
- Contact AccessAbility
- Information for university staff
- Information for external assessors
- Information for prospective students
- Cornwall Accessibility Service
- Changing page appearance
Support and funding for international students
AccessAbility provides disability-related advice to all students irrespective of funding. We may be able to help with arranging additional time for examinations, for example, or with drawing up an Individual Learning Plan.
An AccessAbility advisor will be able to tell you more. Contact us to arrange an appointment.
Free assistive software is available from the JISC TechDis website, for downloading onto your own computer or for running from a USB stick. If you would like advice on software which might help you, please make an appointment to see an Adviser.
Although non-UK based students are not eligible for funding through the Disabled Students' Allowance, there may be other sources of funding. Many students coming to the UK to study are eligible for funding through their home government for support for their disability. However, you would usually need to apply before you begin your programme of study.
The Snowdon Awards Scheme provides grants to physically disabled and sensory impaired students studying in the UK. The closing date for applications is 31st May each year, and additional applications for funding are considered each October.