Lecturer standing against a whiteboard covered in equations

We help university staff to support students.

Disability support within your College

When you register with AccessAbility, if it is appropriate, we will draw up an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) with you. This will let your department know what adjustments to make for you. Adjustments can include providing lecture notes, for example, or allowing extra time for in-class tests. 

We will also inform the exams office of any exam requirements such as extra time, use of a computer or use of a scribe. Your ILP will only be accessible to those staff in your department who need to know about making reasonable adjustments. 

Each College has a College AccessAbility Liaison Officer who can act as a point of contact within the department. You should contact the College AccessAbility Liaison Officer if you have any academic issues relating to your disability.