Returning students accommodation

Looking for accommodation after your first year can be daunting, but don’t worry as there are several options open to you, such as remaining in University accommodation, renting a room within a large private student accommodation provider, or living in private sector student housing.

Take time during the first term to consider where you want to live and who you want to live with. Remember that once you have signed an accommodation contract (and paid deposits where required) it is very difficult, and sometimes impossible, to reverse the decision, so make sure you have thought everything through before making that commitment.

Remember that the Students' Guild Advice Unit can help by looking over your contract before you sign up to your accommodation and can offer advice about all aspects of living in the private sector.

The accommodation office manage the studentpad website, which lists properties/rooms from private landlords and large student accommodation private providers. Our housing list goes live early January for the next academic year in line with the University Housing Fair which is managed by the Students Guild.

Staying in university residences

The closing date for applications was 30 January 2015.  All rooms for returning students have now been allocated for September 2015 and we are unable to offer any further university accommodation at this time.

If you apply for accommodation, your application will be held on our records in case the situation changes. However, we are unable to guarantee that any accommodation will become available and if this does happen, it will be nearer to the start of the academic year in September 2015.

Residence Life Team

Have you ever considered joining our Residence Life Team? Not only will it look excellent on your CV, you will also receive full training and a rent discount. The Residence Life Team are now recruiting for 2015-16. 

Supported Applications

The University recognises that some students may have particular accommodation requirements – for example, relating to a disability or health issue – which may best be met through living in a University residence.  If you require a room in University accommodation for a welfare reason, this will not be automatically allocated to you, even if you are currently in residence. 

You will need to apply for accommodation before the closing date of 30 January 2015 and your application should be supported by the relevant Student Support service. Please be advised that without supporting evidence your application will not be processed. When applying for accommodation, you should select the accommodation listed above in the options on the first page, but advise us in the notes section of the second page of the application form if you require alternative accommodation. Please note; that if you do advise us you wish to stay in a different residence other than those listed on the application, it is highly likely that the accommodation will be allocated to students who are not of similar age/study group to yourself.

Please contact us for more details or if you require assistance in making your application.