Early Arrivals 2019/20
Arrivals Weekend is 14-15 September 2019
For operational reasons, most of our residences are unable to accept arrivals before the main arrivals weekend.
We therefore ask that, unless you meet the criteria below, you either make plans to arrive over the Arrivals weekend of 14-15 September 2019 or find alternative accommodation in a local hotel or Bed and Breakfast.
The following students will be given priority:
- Current INTO Students (progressing on to a degree/masters course).
- Residence Life Team members.
- Students studying MSc Financial Analysis and Fund Management.
- Others with extenuating circumstances of which we have been made aware.
If you fit into one of these groups and you have accepted an offer for the 2019/20 academic session in University of Exeter accommodation then you will be able to apply online for early arrival accommodation from Monday 8 July 2019.
Please only apply if you genuinely require early arrival accommodation.
- We are unable to guarantee that your term-time room will be available before Arrivals Weekend. In this instance a temporary room is likely to be offered, meaning you would be required to move again on, or around the Wednesday before the main Arrivals Weekend.
- You must hold an offer for University of Exeter accommodation during 2019/20. If you have been offered accommodation in one of our nominated residences then you will not be able to apply as an Early Arrival but we can put you in touch with the residence so that you can discuss options.
Applications are made online through your accommodation account and will open on Monday 8 July 2019. They are processed on a first come, first serve basis subject to availability.
- The earliest date you can arrive on is 11 August 2019. If you are looking to arrive before this date then you will need to make an additional application for Summer Accommodation. Please contact us if you require clarification about your intended stay.
- You must arrive before Monday 9 September. No arrivals will be taken between Monday 9 and Friday 13 September as we need to ensure that all rooms have been cleaned and are ready for the main
- The application system will therefore close on Thursday 5 September 2019 so that we can ensure the accommodation is ready for your arrival.
- Applications received by Friday 19 July 2019 will be sent an offer from week commencing 22 July 2019.
- The offer will contain details of the total cost for your stay and your arrival information for both the temporary and term time early arrival accommodation, including the day you will need to move rooms (if applicable). The offer will be valid for 5 days and will show an expiry date by which you need to accept the offer. Due to demand for rooms at this time, after this date we reserve the right to withdraw the offer, and offer the room to another applicant.
- Applications received after 19 July will be processed from week commencing 29 July, subject to availability. Any offers will be sent within 7 working days of the application being submitted.
- All correspondence from the Accommodation Office, including your offer of accommodation, will be sent to the email address which you provide on your application
Unless it is absolutely necessary, we strongly advise that you do not arrive at the University of Exeter before the start of your accommodation contract for the following reasons:
- Isolation: those who arrive early will often be the only resident in a flat until Arrivals Weekend.
- Confusion: feedback from previous years highlights that students who arrived early missed out on relevant information.
- Logistics: we cannot guarantee that you will be able to move directly into your term time room, so you may have to move rooms more than once in a short period.
- The residences and University facilities are often not fully operational until the start of term.
- The University offers an Airport Collection Service to international students during Arrivals Weekend, with coaches departing from Heathrow Airport on a regular basis straight to your accommodation.
- Your accommodation agreement becomes binding on the date on which the University sends an email to you entitled STAGE 5 CONTRACT FORMATION EMAIL. Should you wish to cancel your contract, you need to advise us in writing (by email or post to the Accommodation Office Team) within 5 working days, beginning the day after the date the agreement becomes binding.
- Once you have been allocated accommodation and accepted the contract, room moves will not be permitted.
- Sub-letting is prohibited.
- Please be aware that we reserve the right to amend your room booking prior to arrival in the same residence/price to meet our operational needs.
A room condition check form will be issued to students upon arrival and it should be returned within seven days of issue. A room inspection will take place at the end of occupancy.
You will be advised about arrangements for moving to your term-time accommodation when you are sent your Early Arrivals contract offer. These arrangements will depend on whether you are subsequently moving into catered or self-catered accommodation.
- Self-catered students will move into their term-time room on Wednesday 11 September.
- Catered students will move into their term-time room on Friday 13 September.
- FAFM students only – you will be required to empty your room by 10:00am on Wednesday 11 September and store your luggage in a designated room which will be made available for you. You can then return to collect your luggage between 17:30 and 19:00 on 11 September and move to your new residence.
- On the day of your departure you will be required to vacate your accommodation by 10:00am.
- Your key should be returned to your residence reception or left in the drop-off box.
- If keys are not returned by this time, a charge of £29.50 per key will be made to your student account, as well as additional nights charged.
- We will endeavour to have your term-time room ready for you to move into from 10am but for operational reasons there may be a delay until 4pm. If this happens, we will ensure there is an area available for you to wait with your belongings.