Early Arrivals 2018/19
Arrivals Weekend is 15-16 September 2018
For operational reasons, most of our residences are unable to accept arrivals before the main arrivals weekend.
We therefore ask that, unless you meet the criteria below, you either make plans to arrive over the Arrivals Weekend of 15-16 September 2018 or find alternative accommodation in a local hotel or Bed and Breakfast.
The following students will be given priority:
- Current INTO Students (progressing on to a degree/masters course).
- Residence Life Team members.
- Students studying MSc Financial Analysis and Fund Management.
- Others with extenuating circumstances of which we have been made aware.
If you fit into one of these groups and you have accepted an offer for the 2018/19 academic session in University of Exeter accommodation then you will be able to apply online for early arrival accommodation from Monday 2 July 2018.
Please only apply if you genuinely require early arrival accommodation.
- We are unable to guarantee that your term-time room will be available before Arrivals Weekend. In this instance a temporary room is likely to be offered, meaning you would be required to move again on Arrivals Weekend.
- You must hold an offer for University of Exeter accommodation during 2018/19. If you have been offered accommodation in one of our nominated residences then you will not be able to apply as an Early Arrival but we can put you in touch with the residence so that you can discuss options.
Applications are made online through your accommodation account and will open on Monday 2 July 2018. They are processed on a first come, first serve basis subject to availability.
- The earliest date you can arrive on is 12 August 2018. If you are looking to arrive before this date then you will need to make an additional application for Summer Accommodation. Please contact us if you require clarification about your intended stay.
- You must arrive before Monday 10 September. No arrivals will be taken between Monday 10 and Friday 14 September as we need to ensure that all rooms have been cleaned and are ready for the main Arrivals Weekend.
- The application system will therefore close on Thursday 6 September 2018 so that we can ensure the accommodation is ready for your arrival.
- Applications received by Friday 13 July 2018 will be sent an offer from week commencing 16 July 2018. This offer will contain details of the total cost for your stay and your arrival information. The offer will be valid for 5 days and will show an expiry date by which you need to accept the offer. After this date we reserve the right to offer the room to another applicant.
- Applications received after 13 July will be processed from week commencing 16 July, subject to availability. Any offers will be sent within 7 working days of the application being submitted.
- All correspondence from the Accommodation Office, including your offer of accommodation, will be sent to the email address which you provide on your application
Unless it is absolutely necessary, we strongly advise that you do not arrive at the University of Exeter before the start of your accommodation contract for the following reasons:
- Isolation: those who arrive early will often be the only resident in a flat until Arrivals Weekend.
- Confusion: feedback from previous years highlights that students who arrived early missed out on relevant information.
- Logistics: we cannot guarantee that you will be able to move directly into your term time room, so you may have to move rooms more than once in a short period.
- The residences and University facilities are often not fully operational until the start of term.
- The University offers an Airport Collection Service to international students during Arrivals Weekend, with coaches departing from Heathrow Airport on a regular basis straight to your accommodation.
- Your accommodation agreement becomes binding on the date on which the University sends an email to you entitled STAGE 7 CONTRACT FORMATION EMAIL. Should you wish to cancel your contract, you need to advise us in writing (by email or post to the Accommodation Office Team) within 5 working days, beginning the day after the date the agreement becomes binding.
- Once you have been allocated accommodation and accepted the contract, room moves will not be permitted.
- Sub-letting is prohibited.
- Please be aware that we reserve the right to amend your room booking prior to arrival in the same residence/price to meet our operational needs.
A room condition check form will be issued to students upon arrival and it should be returned within seven days of issue. A room inspection will take place at the end of occupancy.
You will be advised about arrangements for moving to your term-time accommodation when you are sent your Early Arrivals contract offer. These arrangements will depend on whether you are subsequently moving into catered or self-catered accommodation.
- Self-catered students will move into their term-time room on Wednesday 12 September.
- Catered students will move into their term-time room on Friday 14 September.
- FAFM students only – you will be required to empty your room by 10:00am on Wednesday 12 September and store your luggage in a designated room which will be made available for you. You can then return to collect your luggage between 17:30 and 19:00 on 12 September and move to your new residence.
- On the day of your departure you will be required to vacate your accommodation by 10:00am.
- Your key should be returned to your residence reception or left in the drop-off box.
- If keys are not returned by this time, a charge of £29.50 per key will be made to your student account, as well as additional nights charged.
- We will endeavour to have your term-time room ready for you to move into from 10am but for operational reasons there may be a delay until 4pm. If this happens, we will ensure there is an area available for you to wait with your belongings.