Student Accommodation Code
Many first year students choose to live in university accommodation and, to make sure this is of a good standard, the Student Accommodation Code has been developed by Universities UK and GuildHE. Follow the link and click on "See how it works" to view a video about the Student Accommodation Code.
The Code was introduced in 2006 and has already raised standards of accommodation and aims to continue to enrich the residential experience for students across England and Wales.
The University of Exeter is fully committed to providing quality student accommodation and has signed up to the Student Accommodation Code for University owned and managed properties.
The Code protects your right to safe, good quality accommodation, and makes sure you get the best out of your time living in university residences. It outlines everything you can expect from your accommodation as well as your responsibilities as a tenant.
The Code protects your rights to:
- A healthy, safe environment.
- Timely repairs and maintenance.
- A clean, pleasant living environment.
- A formal, contractual relationship with your landlord.
- Access to health and wellbeing services.
- A living environment free from anti-social behaviour.