Moberly House (71)
Lower Argyle Road
Exeter EX4 4QT
Moberly key facts
Due to the high number of academic applications the University of Exeter received, Moberly House will be available for the 2014/15 academic year. This budget residence, built in the 1960s, offers 139 single study bedrooms. Each spacious room is equipped with the essentials and all rooms have their own washbasin. Rooms in Moberly House are single glazed and, as the residence's heating is underfloor, no carpets are provided.
Residents live in clusters of up to 14 bedrooms, with each cluster sharing up to two toilets, one shower room and two bathrooms. Each floor has easy access to a utility room for preparation of weekday lunches and snacks.
The residence is located between Birks Grange Village and Duryard, and its open-plan layout helps to create a close-knit student community experience at our lowest price for catered accommodation, leaving you with more money to enjoy Exeter and your time at university.
Residents of Moberly House dine at Birks Grange Village
- 32 week contract period
- 12 minute walk to centre of campus
- Wired internet access - currently installing wi-fi and are aiming for this to be available to residents at start of academic year.
- Laundry facilities available
- Common room
- Vending and shop at Birks Grange Central Block
- Bike shelter, with storage at Birks Grange Village
- Residents can leave their belongings in their room during the Christmas and Easter vacations
The prices below are the contract length total per room.
Moberly House has single beds.
All bedrooms in catered residences have the following:
- Bed, wardrobe, bookshelves.
- Desk, chair, desk lamp or built-in lighting, noticeboard and waste bin.
- Mini fridge
- High speed wired and wireless network/internet and a telephone is available from StudentCom
- TV is available via your computer - please note you will still need a TV Licence to watch live TV from any device.
For details of your room size and specifics of each residence please see the room details tab above.
If you are living in one of our catered halls (Birks Grange Village, Exeter Halls, Holland Hall, Mardon Hall and Moberley House) the following meals are provided at the following times:
|Weekend breakfast menu|
|Brunch||Saturday and Sunday:
Menu 1: w/c 5 Jan, 2 Feb, 2 Mar
Menu 2: w/c 12Jan, 9 Feb, 9 Mar
Week 3: w/c 19 Jan, 16 Feb, 16 Mar
Week 4: w/c 26 Jan, 23 Feb, 23 Mar
A range of themed dinners also happen throughout the year.
If you have a commitment and are unable to attend the dinner service please use the replacement meal request form.
Weekday lunches can be purchased at one of our many catering outlets.
Vegetarian options are always available.
All meals are included for residents of our catered accommodation (Birks Grange Village, Exeter Halls, Hoplland Hall, Mardon Hall and Moberley House).
If visitors or self catered students would like to eat at BGV the following rates apply: