Moberly House (71)
Lower Argyle Road
Exeter EX4 4QT
Moberly key facts
Due to the high number of academic applications the University of Exeter received, Moberly House will be available for the 2016/17 academic year. This budget residence, built in the 1960s, offers 139 single study bedrooms. Each spacious room is equipped with the essentials and all rooms have their own washbasin. Rooms in Moberly House are single glazed and, as the residence's heating is underfloor, no carpets are provided.
Residents live in clusters of up to 14 bedrooms, with each cluster sharing up to two toilets, one shower room and two bathrooms. Each floor has easy access to a utility room for preparation of weekday lunches and snacks.
The residence is located between Birks Grange Village and Duryard, and its open-plan layout helps to create a close-knit student community experience at our lowest price for catered accommodation, leaving you with more money to enjoy Exeter and your time at university.
To see more images of this residence, please view our Flickr gallery.
Residents of Moberly House dine at Birks Grange Village.
- 32 week contract period
- 12 minute walk to centre of campus
- WiFi internet access
- Laundry facilities available
- Common room
- Vending and shop at Birks Grange Central Block
- Bike shelter, with storage at Birks Grange Village
- Residents can leave their belongings in their room during the Christmas and Easter vacations
The prices below are the contract length total per room.
|Catered||Moberly House||Budget||£4,530.82||Not available||32|
Moberly House has single beds and 6 plug sockets provided within each room.
The postcode varies depending on whether you wish to send post or be directed to it. Please see below for this information:
- Postcode for directions - EX4 4QT
- Postcode to send post - EX4 4PQ
All bedrooms in catered residences have the following:
- Bed, wardrobe, bookshelves.
- Desk, chair, desk lamp or built-in lighting, noticeboard and waste bin.
- Mini fridge
- High speed wired and wireless network/internet and a telephone is available from StudentCom
- IPTV is available via your computer. For more information on IPTV visit the StudentCom website and choose the 'TV package' option. Please note you will still need a TV Licence to watch live TV from any device.
For details of your room size and specifics of each residence please see the room details tab above.
If you are living in one of our catered halls (Birks Grange Village, Exeter Halls, Holland Hall, Mardon Hall and Moberley House) the sample menus below show what type of meals are available and when they are provided:
|Brunch||Saturday and Sunday:
11.15am - 13.30pm
17.30 - 19:15pm
To see which menus are being served this term, please visit the 'about catered halls' section of our website for further information.
If you have a commitment and are unable to attend the dinner service please use the replacement meal request form.
Weekday lunches can be purchased at one of our many catering outlets.
Vegetarian options are always available.
* A range of themed dinners also happen throughout the year.
All meals are included for residents of our catered accommodation (Birks Grange Village, Exeter Halls, Holland Hall, Mardon Hall and Moberly House).
If visitors or self catered students would like to eat at BGV the following rates apply: