Clydesdale family flat

We offer some accommodation to couples and families.

Family and couples accommodation

We have limited family and couples accommodation in our self catered residences, so we cannot guarantee places.

This type of residence is mainly in our postgraduate accommodation. Some residences are self contained units; others are rooms with shared facilities.

Applications for 2015/16 accommodation open on 13 April 2015. For further information on how to apply please visit our 'login and how to apply' webpages.

Accommodation options include:

Residence Letting Room type 
Birks Grange Village  Double studio
Clydesdale Court   One, two, and three bedroom flats (suitable for families)
Garden Hill House (Streatham Houses)  Twin - double occupancy
King Edward Court  Double flat

Applications are processed after 30 June each year and are prioritised depending on each applicant’s circumstances, using the criteria below as a guide.

  • Students requiring accommodation on medical grounds.
  • New international students.
  • New home students.
  • Returning students (allocated by date of application, if there are vacancies).

Unsuccessful applicants will be kept on a waiting list and offered accommodation should a vacancy arise at a later date.

The contract for these flats starts on Sunday 13 September 2015 and if you should arrive before this date, you will need to find alternative accommodation until the contract starts.

If your application for families and couples accommodation is unsuccessful, we recommend that you look for accommodation within the private sector.

Supported Applications

The University recognises that some students may have particular accommodation requirements – for example, relating to a disability or health issue – which may best be met through living in a University residence.  If you require a room in University accommodation for a welfare reason, this will not be automatically allocated to you, even if you are currently in residence. 

You will need to apply for accommodation by 30 June 2015, and your application should be supported by the relevant Student Support service. Please contact us for more details or if you require assistance in making your application.