We welcome applications for summer accommodation on a minimum contract length of four weeks, from all registered students, whether you currently live within University of Exeter accommodation or are living within the private sector.
Please note that if you are an Med or EdD student then specific accommodation arrangements will be made for you. Please refer to the information which will be sent out by your College. Further details on application timescales for these students can be found on the Summer accommodation tab on our 'When can I apply and when will I hear?' webpage.
Applications for summer 2019 will open from Tuesday 23 April 2019.
For 2019 Summer Accommodation will be available between 22 June and 7 September at the following residences:
- James Owen Court - £143.92 per week - ensuite room with shared communal kitchen and lounge/diner in City centre location.
- Birks Grange Village - £174.09 per week - studio with double bed, workspace, en-suite bathroom and kitchenette/diner
The minimum letting period is four weeks, which may be extended on request, subject to availability.
Applications are made online via the link above and will open on Tuesday 23 April 2019. They are processed on a first come first serve basis subject to availability. The initial deadline for applications is Friday 10 May 2019.
- Applications received by 10 May 2019 will be sent an offer from week commencing 13 May 2019. This offer will be valid for 5 days and will show an expiry date by which you need to accept the offer. After this date we reserve the right to offer the room to another applicant.
- Applications received after 10 May will be processed from week commencing 20 May, subject to availability. Any offers will be sent within 7 working days of the application being submitted.
- If you do not already have an accommodation account then you will need to register an account before making an application. You can do this via the link above.
- Once you have logged in to your accommodation account, please select the 2019 Summer Accommodation application type.
We welcome applications from any registered University of Exeter student whether you are currently living with us or in the private sector.
- Graduating students – if you are graduating this summer but want to stay in Exeter a little longer then you can still apply for summer accommodation. You will be able to pay the standard student rate until the day of your graduation ceremony. After that time you will be required to pay non-student, commercial rates which include VAT of 20%.
- Students transferring to/starting a new course – if your current student status expires at the end of the summer term but you require accommodation over the summer vacation prior to continuing onto a new course, we will need a letter from your course tutor confirming your student status to support your accommodation application. This can be sent to us via firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of the accommodation office.
- Where we see a high demand for accommodation, we will prioritise applications from registered students who need to stay over the summer for academic purposes.
- Students in debt – if you are not up to date with payment of your current accommodation fees then we will not be able to process your application until you have cleared your debt in full.
- You will be asked for some essential details when filling in your application and we shall endeavour to meet your requirements.
- If you are unsure of the dates that you wish to stay, please put down the longest possible period of residency which you could be staying on your application to ensure that you are able to stay within the same room if you do end up extending your contract at a later date.
- Check that your student ID card is valid for your whole stay. Written evidence from your College will be required to support your application if your ID card has expired.
- If your current residence is being used for summer accommodation, you may be able to remain in the same room until your proposed leaving date; if not, you will need to move to alternative vacation accommodation.
- View our 'how to videos' to see a step by step guide on activating an accommodation account and applying for accommodation. Please note that these videos are not intended for applications for the summer but can be used as a guide.
- You will need to pay in full in advance of your stay and within 5 days of accepting your accommodation offer.
- Payment can be made at SID in the Forum on the Streatham Campus or via the online payment store. Please make sure that you include your student number as a reference so that we can identify who made the payment.
- Cheques must be payable to 'The University of Exeter' and be in pounds sterling. Euro cheques are not accepted.
- If after the first 4 weeks stay you wish to cancel or change the dates of your booking you will need to give at least 2 weeks’ advance notice if you wish to receive a refund, if applicable.
- Refunds can only be paid into a UK bank account and this must be from the same account that the initial payment was drawn. Please be advised that refunds can take up to 28 days to process.
- Please be aware that we cannot guarantee that it will possible for you to stay in the same room if you wish to extend your stay, we will advise accordingly.
- Once you have been allocated accommodation and have accepted the contract, you will not be able to move rooms.
- Sub-letting is prohibited.
- Please be aware that we reserve the right to amend your room booking prior to arrival in the same residence/price to meet our operational needs.
A room condition check form will be issued to students upon arrival and it should be returned within seven days of arrival. A room inspection will take place at the end of occupancy.
- On the day of your departure you are required to leave your accommodation by 10.00am and return the key to your Residence Reception.
- If your keys are not returned by this time, a charge of £29.50 per key will be made to your student account, as well as additional nights charged.
- Please see our moving out guide for further information.
For operational reasons, most of our residences are unable to accept arrivals before the main arrivals weekend.
We therefore ask that, unless you meet the criteria below, you either make plans to arrive over the Arrivals Weekend of 14-15 September 2019 or find alternative accommodation in a local hotel or Bed and Breakfast.
The following students will be given priority:
- Current INTO Students (progressing on to a degree/masters course).
- Residence Life Team members.
- Students studying MSc Financial Analysis and Fund Management.
- Others with extenuating circumstances of which we have been made aware.
If you fall into one of the categories above, please review the information on our dedicated webpage.