Useful Quick Links
Online guide to the leading employers recruiting graduates during 2021-22.
Careers Support for Graduates
As a graduate from the University of Exeter, you are entitled to all of the fantastic resources that the alumni office can offer, as well as access to the Career Zone support for three years after you leave and some elements of our online support forever.
All of our graduate Career Zone support and resources are now housed in one central location and can be found here.
Graduate Access to Career Zone systems
YOUR COMPLETE DIGITAL CAREERS RESOURCE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Whether you are still searching for your dream job or you just want to undertake some professional development within your current role, My Career Zone Digital is the perfect online tool for you. Within My Career Zone Digital you have access to a wide range of fantastic resources from sector reports, IT and workplace skills e-learning, career assessments, interview simulation, CV and Cover Letter builders, and much more. Please read Marie John's (BA Sociology, 2014-2017) blog to find out what tools she has found most useful within My Career Zone Digital.
Having problems signing in, visit our troubleshooting page for more information.
The Career Zone has partnered with Handshake - a modern career development platform - and joins our menu of resources for students and graduates. Handshake allows our students and graduates to discover employers and opportunities, submit applications, and attend career fairs and other events.
Activating your account
In order to activate your account, click on this link.
- If you completed your studies after August 2021 and still have your Single Sign on then you should be still be able to login with your @exeter.ac.uk credentials using the Current Students or SSO option.
- If you completed your studies after August 2021 and no longer have access to your @exeter email then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update the email on your account. We may need to ask for some additional information to confirm your identity.
- If you completed your studies before August 2021 click on 'sign in with your email address' and use your personal email address (e.g., gmail, hotmail) to log in. When you get to the password screen you should get an option to set your password.
Contact us at email@example.com if you have any problems accessing Handshake.
- Careers Research and Planning
- Careers 'Help with' pages
- Internship opportunities, including the University's Graduate Business Partnership Scheme
- Workshop and webinars
- Career Mentor Scheme (for three years post graduation)
- Ask an Alum - Alumni careers Q&A service
- Enterprise and entrepreneurship support - please email firstname.lastname@example.org to see how we can support you in this area
- Choosing Postgraduate Study
Telephone: +44(0)1392 724493
Live chat: Please see bottom right of browser
Address (Exeter): University of Exeter Forum, Stocker Road, Exeter, Devon, EX4 4SZ
Address (Cornwall): Level 0, The Exchange, Penryn Campus, Penryn, Cornwall, TR10 9FE
Instagram | LinkedIn | Twitter | TikTok | Facebook | Podcast (Spotify/iTunes) | Blog
Fifteen months after graduating you will be asked to complete the Graduate Outcomes survey to find out what you've been doing since you left us. We'd really appreciate you filling this in as this information is important to the University and to prospective students researching their options.
What happens to your survey information?
Your responses to the Graduate Outcomes survey will be used by The University of Exeter and your faculty, by higher education funding and regulatory bodies and some other organisations primarily for research and statistical purposes, but also in the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority. Your individual answers won’t be used to make decisions about you.
Anonymised information may be used in University publications, such as the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Prospectus, publicity materials produced by University or on official University web page(s).
For more information on how the Higher Education Statistics Agency will use your data, please visit the Graduate Outcomes Q&A pages.
As part of the University's statutory requirements, all contact details held about you will be sent to the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) for the purposes of the Graduate Outcomes survey. Please visit www.hesa.ac.uk/collection-notices for full details. If your contact details have changed since graduating, please let us know your new contact information via the following link.