Callers at the training day
Join our team
Would you like to help your University raise money for the student experience? We are recruiting Telephone Fundraisers for our campaign which will run from 30th January to 5th March 2017.
As a Telephone Fundraiser, your role will be to ask Exeter graduates for financial gifts towards the University. You will also inform them about what is currently happening at Exeter and answer any queries they may have. You can read more about the projects the campaign helps to fund on our web page.
There are thousands of alumni who have studied and experienced life at Exeter University. As a student caller you have the opportunity to telephone alumni who have had similar University experiences to you, find out more about Exeter’s past and keep them up-to-date with recent developments.
You do not have to have any experience of telephone fundraising or telesales as full training is given – we just look for a positive and enthusiastic attitude and an ability to talk about your experiences at Exeter!
Interested in becoming a student caller?
We pay our students £8.25 per hour, and are currently recruiting students to work on our next campaign. If you would like more details about the role, please read the Job Description or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please complete the Application Form.
Working hours and pay
The Spring 2017 campaign runs from Monday 30 January 2017 to Sunday 5 March 2017 during the following hours:
- Monday to Thursday 6.15pm to 9.30pm
- Saturday 10.45am to 5.00pm
- Sunday 12.45pm to 7.00pm
You will be paid £8.25 per hour. Callers are required to work an average of three shifts per week, including one of the weekend shifts.
Interview and training
Please note that you will need to be available to attend a group interview on either 19 or 20 January 2017.
It is a condition of employment that all successful applicants attend the training sessions which take place on 28 and 29 January from 10.00am to 4.00pm.
Benefits of being a Telephone Fundraiser
As a Telephone Fundraiser, you will:
- Gain valuable experience and skills.
- Receive full, paid training.
- Work flexible shifts (you can choose which shifts you want to work).
- Have a chance to win outstanding prizes and incentives.
- Work to impact students for many years to come.
- Work in a vibrant team of like-minded people from across all subject and years.
- Have a chance to speak to alumni of the University, many of whom will share their fascinating stories and offer sound careers advice.