BSc Biochemistry with Industrial Experience
1. What has been the highlight of your time at Exeter?
The highlight of my time at Exeter was meeting lots of new people and making lasting friendships. There is loads to do in Exeter and the surrounding area, particularly after exams have finished.
2. What will you miss the most about University?
I will miss the people I have met during my time at university, both friends and teaching staff. I will not miss the coursework and exams!
3. What did you enjoy about your particular programme?
As part of my Biochemistry degree, I completed a Research Project. This allowed me to work in a research laboratory alongside a university professor, PhD and Post-Doc students. I enjoyed the opportunity to experience the real life practical application of what I had been learning.
4. What advice would you give to current and future students?
If your degree programme offers a year in industry or abroad I would definitely recommend taking advantage of this. Not only is this a great opportunity, it also improves your CV when applying to jobs after graduation.
5. What are your plans now that you have graduated?
I am currently enjoying my summer holiday, but in August I am returning to work at the pharmaceutical company where I worked during my year in industry.