Provide the venue for an alumni event
Volunteering: from your workplace
If you don’t have time to return to campus or to volunteer in your spare time, you can still add value via your day job – either by helping directly yourself or by making introductions on our behalf.
Provide a venue for an event
We run a large number of professional networking and social events for our alumni both in Exeter and Cornwall and in London. We try to run events for little or no cost to attendees and therefore rely on the generous support of other alumni by hosting our events at their offices, clubs, etc.
Requirements: We run events and receptions of all sizes, from 30 – 150 alumni.
Time commitment: Very little! We will set up before the event and clear away afterwards. We can also organise our own refreshments if these are not available onsite.
Provide a work experience placement to an Exeter student
Work placements allow students to gain valuable work experience to develop graduate employability skills. The University of Exeter defines a placement as work experience that:
- contributes towards a student’s degree as part of a module;
- includes tasks and functions at degree/graduate level;
- enhances the student’s graduate employability potential;
- allows students to develop a rich mix of highly desirable employability skills;
- uses degree level skills, knowledge and experience;
- may last 1 week to 12 months.
Work placements may be UK or international, and are also beneficial for companies, with the opportunity to deploy university level expertise at low or no cost, fill a skills gap or get a project off the ground and potentially find a future employee following graduation
Work placements can be taken across all colleges. Students are supported by placement co-ordinators, employability officers and academic module tutors.
You can find out more about advertising a work placement opportunity on our Careers website.
Recruit an Exeter student or graduate
There are many ways the University’s Employment Services can help you recruit high calibre, employable students and graduates. We tailor our service to meet your employment needs:
- large national employer
- international / global employer
- SME or large local casual employer
- SME or large local internship employer
What is an internship?
The University of Exeter defines an internship as paid employment that
- includes tasks and responsibilities normally associated with a graduate level position;
- uses undergraduate level skills, knowledge and experience;
- aids student/graduate career development;
- provides support and training;
- is undertaken at the beginning of a career.
The University offers a full range of professional and flexible services to enable access to this quality resource. Find out how to advertise your vacancy with the University.