The Exeter Science Exchange brings together an array of our senior academics from across the sciences and humanities in both its expert panel and management board.
- Professor David Butler (Chair)
- Professor Peter Ashwin (Deputy Chair)
- Professor Trevor Bailey
- Associate Professor Jonathan Barry
- Professor John Bessant
- Dr Lee Bridger
- Professor John Dupré
- Professor Regenia Gagnier
- Professor Mark Levine
- Professor Angela Shore
- Professor Nicholas Smirnoff
- Professor Robert van de Noort
- Dr Bridget Woodman
- Professor David Zhang
- Professor Robert van de Noort (Chair)
- Professor David Butler (Deputy Chair)
- Professor Peter Ashwin (Leader of Strand 4 – Development)
- Professor Jonathan Barry (Leader of Strand 1 – Communications)
- Professor John Bessant (Leader of Strand 2 – Innovation)
- Jeremy Budd (Vice President, IBM UK Ltd)
- Rebecca Miles (Strategic Partnerships Manager, Met Office)
- Professor Regenia Gagnier (Leader of Strand 3 – Policy)
Project Manager: Dr Helen Butler
Financial Manager: Mike Mullan (while John Hudson is on secondment to CEMPS)
Support Assistant: Lois Spence
Virtual Environments: Richard Holding
Expert Panel Terms of Reference
- To advise strand leaders on the content, timing and delivery of their work strands.
- To advise the project manager on tasks and priorities.
- To decide on the programme of events and activities.
- To consider and approve (within the overall budget) requests to allocate project funds made under Strand 4.
- To comment on suggested formats for project activities and communications.
- To provide advice on expertise and contacts within their Colleges.
- To act as champions for the project across the University.
Management Board Terms of Reference
- To provide directional steer to the project.
- To review progress against work plan objectives and milestones.
- To receive reports from the four strand leaders and the Expert Panel.
- To formally approve the budget.
- To review the risks associated with the project and how they will be mitigated.
- To provide assurance that the project is being managed appropriately.