The 3D truss technology can be used for aerospace satellites
3D truss structures
An engineering design tool that calculates the resulting truss elastic/thermal expansivity properties of all possible 3D truss structures.
All elastic and thermal expansivity properties are recorded for these structures
- Improvements to truss structures stability can be achieved with little or no stiffness or weight penalties.
- The optimisation is a low cost solution.
- Satellite truss structures that are subject to large heat differentials.
- Aeronautical and aerospace industry.
- Truss systems are very widely used in transport applications and civil infrastructure.
Proprietary software and databases have been developed for this tool and are covered by copyright.
The University is keen to discuss potential partnerships with a view to collaborations or commercial licensing opportunities