CALM was established with the aim of benefiting UK businesses.
CALM is supported by the European Regional Development Fund.
CALM is supported by Airbus
Centre for Additive Layer Manufacturing
CALM is a £2.6million additive layer manufacturing (ALM) centre which has a full range of leading-edge fabrication equipment and can offer numerous services to businesses.
- Help you decide if ALM is right for your products and processes.
- Provide alternative manufacturing routes or processes.
- Provide design modification for ALM.
- Prepare and nest parts.
- Provide materials analysis and testing.
- Provide ALM workshops and tailored training courses.
- Deliver fully defined, costed and delivered research projects.
- Providing tailor designed polymer and composite materials for ALM.
CALM works closely with Exeter Advanced Technologies (X-AT) and the Centre for Alternative Materials and Remanufacturing Technologies (CALMARE).
CALM has access to a range of ALM equipment, including:
- EOS P800
- EOS P100 Formiga
- DTM 2000 SinterStation
- 3D Systems Projet HD 3000
- Stratasys Dimension Elite
- Stratasys Dimension 768
- Accufusion LC105
- MCP SLM Realiser
You can find out more on the CALM equipment page.
Working with small and medium enterprises
Initial advice is free to all businesses and further support is at cost.
Funding to businesses is available through various mechanisms and the team is happy to discuss these further at your initial consultation.