Phone: 01392 726252 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Refuse Collection Information
The City Council has tightened procedures for collecting additional waste from households in a drive to increase household recycling. These procedures could have a significant impact on students living in shared, private accommodation.
The clamp-down is also seeking to reduce the amount of litter/mess that can occur when too much waste is placed outside. Overfilled bins can present handling problems for collection crews too.
These procedures will ultimately have an impact on the amount of non-recyclable (grey) waste that residents can place outside.
- Extra rubbish placed at the side of a bin will NOT be collected.
- Overfilled bins (that do not fully close) will NOT be collected.
- If you do not have a bin, the amount of bagged grey waste you can present is capped.
- If excess rubbish is presented, tenants will have to make their own arrangements to remove excess waste.
Do you have a backlog of recycling or non-recyclable rubbish?
- Special paid collections can be arranged by calling 01392 665010. General enquiries can also be directed to this number.
- Additional rubbish can also be brought directly to the recycling centre at Marsh Barton. Visits must be booked in advance by calling 0345 155 1010.
- Additional recycling (that doesn't fit in your green bin) can be placed in a bag and presented beside your green bin. This bagged recycling must be labelled 'recycling' with the first line of your address. Loose recycling will not be taken.
- Extra recycling bins can be ordered by calling 01392 665010.
If you have 'inherited' waste at the start of your tenancy, it is important that you liaise with your Landlord/Agent as soon as possible. If you encounter any problems in raising your concerns, free and impartial advice can be sought from The Students' Guild Advice Unit: 01392 723520
For more Information on the City Council's rubbish and recycling procedures
To arrange an appointment to discuss refuse procedures directly, contact your local Student Community Wardens
Term One Plan
The University has been working with a range of partners to encourage positive social behaviour amongst new and returning students. The plan below outlines a range of actions being undertaken to help mitigate negative behaviour during term one and throughout the rest of the academic year.
If you have any queries about our preparations for term one please email: email@example.com or call the streetwise number: 01392 726252
Community Engagement Plan 2015 - 2018
The University of Exeter and Exeter Students' Guild Community Engagement Plan is available to view below.
A limited number of hard copies can be ordered by contacting Rory Cunningham, Community Liaison Officer on: 01392 723721
We would also like to thank the permanent local residents and student residents who took part in the 2014 Community Survey and Focus Group sessions.