'Move it' request for porters to transport equipment or items around campus
- Please remove items from labs, pinch points or busy areas to an easily accessible space to avoid disruption.
- We may ask you and colleagues to leave the immediate area, to enable us to safely collect items.
- Be as specific as possible with item details and location to assist us with efficient and safe planning. Failure to do so could affect response time or result in cancellation.
- Consider local restrictions and safety procedures before submitting, and advise the team of any requirements.
- Please keep in mind that we will try our best to remain a reactive service, but new measures and staffing restrictions will impact our response time during this busy period.
Please read the terms and conditions before you complete the form. You will receive a reference number by email.
This form is to be used for moving items from one area to another. Please check the FAQs if in doubt about which form to use.
All major office moves will need to be referred to Hackworthy and sons.
Terms and conditions
- All items of furniture (filing cabinets etc) must be empty
- All loose items must be packed/boxed
- Packing boxes/crates are available from Hackworthy and Sons (this is a chargeable request to be made by departments directly).
- Porters are not responsible for taking apart items of furniture before removing them from their current location, nor can they be responsible for assembling items at the requested destination. You may need to ask Property Services to dismantle an item before it is moved.
- We will endeavor to action all requests within 10 working days unless a later date is requested; some jobs may need to be assessed first and if necessary referred to Hackworthy & Sons. Requests with less than the 10 days notice will be actioned discretionally depending on workloads and staffing levels.
- Boxes/crates must not be over 15kg in weight
If you are unsure of any of the above, please submit a query form to allow the task to be formally assessed.