- Key contacts and about us
- A-Z of services
- News and events
- Business Support
- Cafes and Shops
- Campus Services Help Desk
- Car Parking
- Estate Development Service
- Event Exeter
- Family Centre
- Fresh Ideas
- Legal and Insurance Services
- Print & Copy Services
- Reed Hall
- University Reception
- Staff intranet
Facilities Management Services
The Facilities Management Services team consists of cleaners, porters, transport and mail room operatives who are committed to providing the best service possible to our customers. We undergo professional training to prepare us for the tasks required and are interlinked to work closely with each other to maintain this service.
Our teams of cleaners ensure that all academic buildings are cleaned to British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc) standards to maintain a safe and healthy environment.
Whenever I have had a problem cleaning staff and their supervisors have been only too helpful to assist.
Our Academic porters support both campuses and undertake a variety of roles including
- Small office moves
- Disposal of IT equipment, furniture and white goods
- Sorting of mail in Academic buildings
- Examination setups
- Transporting parcels and equipment around and between both campuses
- Setting up of areas for teaching and event
- Opening and closing of Academic buildings
- Cornwall delivery on Monday, Wednesday and Friday every week (excluding Bank Holidays, closure day and Graduation Week)
(Please not there may be a restricted service for disposals during Graduation Week on Streatham Campus)
Very reliable and willing to go the 'extra mile'.
We aim to provide a cost effective, customer orientated mail service throughout the University on a daily basis. We are located in the Main Library on Stocker Road.
Tel: 01392 722041
Opening hours 7.30am-4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
For more information see the mailroom section of the FAQ.
When I have had to contact the main 'mail room' for advice they have been excellent and helpful.
Provide the facility for the University which includes the following services
- Provide executive transport services to the Vice Chancellor and Executive Suite
- Administer the free staff/student bus service
- Administer transport related forms policies and documentation.
The shuttle bus is my lifeline! I could not work here without it, many thanks to all the excellent drivers.