- The University of Exeter and your career
- My Career Zone
- Career research
- Skills training and events
- Volunteering and extra-curricular activities
- Part-time work
- Search for graduate jobs
- CVs, applications, interviews
- Global employability
- Enterprise and self-employment
- Information for new students
- Information for recent graduates
- Information for employers
- Information for staff
- Contact us
Employability and Graduate Development (previously Careers and Employment Service) is committed to providing equality of opportunity to our students regardless of race, gender, disability, socioeconomic status, age, sexual preference, transmen and transwomen and religious beliefs. This commitment is integrated into all our work with, and for, students including providing information and guidance, training and our contacts with employers.
To ensure the above we undertake to:
- Treat all students fairly and, where appropriate, offer support to those students who may be disadvantaged in entering the workplace
- Provide information on non-traditional as well as traditional careers.
- On request, make special arrangements (as far as we are able) for access to guidance and information for students with physical or learning disabilities.
- Promote equality of opportunity to our employers and contacts.
- Challenge discrimination by employers we work with where this is brought to our notice.
- Make sure that all our staff are aware of equal opportunities issues and procedures.
- Monitor and review our equal opportunities practice.
- To adhere to the AGCAS (Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services) equal opportunities code of practice and the University of Exeter’s policy on equal opportunities.
- Comply with equal opportunities legislation.
If you are unhappy about the work of the service in respect to equal opportunities or any other sphere, please bring this up with the member of staff concerned. If the staff member is unable to help, or if you feel uncomfortable raising the issue with that person, then please contact the Director of Employability and Graduate Development.
Read more information about Equal Opportunities in the workplace.