Advertise casual, part-time and vacation work
If you are looking for staff to provide part-time work, cover casual shifts or carry out temporary casual jobs then our students can help whilst they study or during vacation periods.
We provide a fast, friendly and efficient service supporting you with planned and short-notice vacancies. We also offer excellent value for money to attend our casual jobs and internships fairs at a fraction of the cost.
Important: Online submission is strongly recommended as this is the fastest route to getting your vacancies live on our system.
- Flexible availability throughout the year (including the Christmas and Summer vacations).
- Award winning student employees who have exceptional and diverse skills including customer service, languages and IT as well as endless enthusiasm.
- Support to recruit the right candidate, whether you need a monthly gardener or a part-time assistant, as well as on-site interviewing space and drop in facilities to assess groups.
- Two casual jobs and internships fair run in October and February every year to promote your job and opportunities.
Advertise paid part time, casual or vacation vacancies to University of Exeter students for free.
Vacancies will be visible to all current students (undergraduate and post-graduate) and to University of Exeter alumni.
To advertise, you will need to register on our systems. After registering you'll be able to upload your vacancies which will be reviewed by a member of staff before going live.
Further information and guidance on using Handshake can be found here.
To post a personal job (tutor, gardener) please follow these guidelines.
If you have any queries about the service, you can contact us via email at email@example.com or directly through the Handshake system.
If you have technical queries about using Handshake you can log a ticket by visiting - https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-gb and select 'Help' or 'Contact Support' where a member of the Handshake support team will be happy to assist you.
Online submission is strongly recommended as this is the fastest route to getting your vacancies live on our system.
We do not accept part time volunteering roles. These are currently managed by our Student Guild in Exeter and our Student Union in Cornwall and therefore we do not advertise these opportunities through our channels. You can find further information on how to promote volunteering for our different campuses here:
- Exeter (Streatham & St Lukes): https://www.exeterguild.org/activities/volunteering/providers/
- Penryn: https://www.thesu.org.uk/opportunities/volunteering/partners-hub/
Register an opportunity - Students' Guild
- Information on our Casual Jobs and Internships Fair which takes place in February and October.
- Sponsoring our casual events including Student Employee Of The Year Awards.
- Please also ensure that you read the guidelines for advertising on our site to ensure that any submissions are compliant with our policies - this will help us to quickly process your vacancies.
- Contact Casual@exeter.ac.uk for further information.