- Advertise Graduate Vacancies
- Targeted Emails
- Advertise Casual, Part-time and Vacation Work
- Internships and Placements
- International Employers
- Career Mentor Scheme
- Careers Fairs
- Recruitment Presentations
- Drop Ins and Showcase Events
- Recruiter in Residence
- Recruitment Interviews
- Advertising Opportunities
- Sponsorship and Endorsement
- Skills Sessions
- Mock Interviews
- Widen Your Options
- Term Dates and Booking Information
- Contact us
Career Mentor Scheme welcomes mentors from all career sectors. Click here to apply to be a mentor
Ian Martin (Management Consultant) with Kate Cragg (BA Philosophy and Political Economy). Read mentor feedback
Network with other mentors by joining the Career Mentor Scheme LinkedIn group
Follow us on Twitter!
Career Mentor Scheme
The Career Mentor Scheme brings bright, enthusiastic students together with successful professionals in mutually beneficial mentoring partnerships.
Mentors are professionals from all different sectors and professions who volunteer to support students by providing invaluable insight, advice and guidance into their chosen career via email, telephone, Skype or meetings in person at least once per month for up to 6 months.
Our mentors are a mix of alumni and non-alumni, from all sectors and professions and are based in the UK and overseas.
If you are a current student viewing this page, please see our student webpage.
Benefits of mentoring
- Access to bright and enthusiastic undergraduate and postgraduate students who can provide a fresh view of your business
- The satisfaction of helping students to realise their true potential and reflect upon your career achievements
- Voluntary mentoring experience to enhance your CV
- Chance to develop your professional and personal support skills (contact via email, telephone, Skpye or in person)
- Engagement with a world class University
Could I be a mentor?
We ask that all our mentors have:
- Professional experience in any graduate career sector with two-years minimum experience
- An email address, telephone number or Skype address they can share with their mentee student
- Professionalism and a keen interest in supporting students to improve their employability
- Willingness to support one or more students for up to 6-months on a voluntary (unpaid) basis
- Mentors can be based in the UK or overseas
We will have two mentoring schemes for the academic year 2014-15:
- Autumn to Spring Scheme (November 2014 – April 2015)
- Spring to Summer Scheme (May 2015 – October 2015)
During each of the above schemes you could be matched with an undergraduate or postgraduate student which has an interest in pursuing a career in your sector.
Sign up as a mentor
To sign up as a mentor, please complete the following mentor application form.
We are currently welcoming new mentor applications for the upcoming schemes mentioned above. If you would like to mentor on the Autumn to Spring Scheme (November 2014 – April 2015), please complete the mentor application form before Friday 1st August 2014.
If you are interested in finding out more about the Career Mentor Scheme, please contact us at email@example.com or call 01392 722034.