Career Mentor Scheme welcomes mentors from all career sectors. Click here to apply to be a mentor
Ian Martin with mentee Kate Cragg. Read their experience
Career Mentor Scheme
The Career Mentor Scheme brings bright, enthusiastic students together with successful professionals in mutually beneficial mentoring partnerships.
Mentors are professionals from all different sectors and professions who volunteer to support students by providing invaluable insight, advice and guidance regarding their chosen career via email, telephone, Skype or meetings in person.
Our mentors are a mix of alumni and non-alumni, from all sectors and professions and are based in the UK and overseas.
If you are a current student viewing this page, please see our student webpage.
Benefits of mentoring
- Access to bright and enthusiastic undergraduate and postgraduate students who can provide a fresh view of your business
- The satisfaction of helping a student to realise their true potential and reflect upon your career achievements
- Voluntary mentoring experience to enhance your CV
- Chance to develop your professional and personal support skills (contact via email, telephone, Skpye or in person)
- Engagement with a world class University
Could I be a mentor?
We ask that all our mentors have:
- Professional experience in any career sector (mentors range from graduate trainees to managers and company directors)
- An email address, telephone number or Skype address they can share with their mentee student
- A keen interest in supporting a student to improve their employability
- Willingness to support a student for up to 12 months on a voluntary (unpaid) basis
- Mentors can be based in the UK or overseas
Sign up as a mentor
To sign up as a mentor, please complete the following mentor application form and a member of staff will contact you shortly after you have submitted your application.
Mentoring applications for our 2013-14 scheme have now closed. Any new mentor applications will now be considered for our 2014-15 scheme.
If you are interested in finding out more about the Career Mentor Scheme, please contact us at email@example.com or call 01392 722034.