Opportunities on our Cornwall Campuses
The University of Exeter has two Campuses in Cornwall, Penryn and Truro.
Our Penryn Campus combines Russell Group prestige and quality, small-campus intimacy and an environment unrivalled in the UK. Students tell us they enjoy the easy access to world-class academics, the friendly atmosphere and the benefits of recent, large-scale investments. The Penryn Campus is also shared with Falmouth University. This creates a vibrant, creative mix of students with science, engineering, humanities and arts backgrounds.
Our Truro Campus is the base for the University of Exeter Medical School in Cornwall and home to the European Centre for Environment & Human Health (ECEHH).
We produce graduates from a wide range of disciplines within the four main colleges:
- College of Life and Environmental Sciences: Physical and Human Geography, Environmental Science, Human Sciences, Evolutionary Biology, Conservation and Ecology, Animal Behaviour, Zoology, Conservation Science and Policy, and Sustainable Development (with Climate Change and Risk Management).
- College of Engineering, Maths and Physical Sciences: Renewable Energy, Maths and the Environment; and the Camborne School of Mines specialising in Mining, Minerals, Geology and Surveying.
- College of Humanities: English and History
- College of Social Sciences and International Studies: Politics and International Relations and Flexible Combined Honours.
- European Centre for Environment and Human Health: Postgraduate taught and research students
The environment and sustainability are important to us; they’re the basis for much of the research undertaken on the campus, and they feed - directly and indirectly - into all our degree programmes. Our new Environment and Sustainability Institute (ESI) was officially opened in April 2013 and leads research into solutions to problems of environmental change.
It’s not the only new facility either: the £10 million Exchange is a striking extension to the campus and provides a range of distinctive new spaces suitable for 21st century learning and student engagement. As well as being home to the Career Zone, organisations looking to recruit or raise their brand awareness with students can also make use of the facilities in The Compass area of this building. From mini fairs to drop in sessions, networking events to confidential interview rooms.
We are always happy to hear from organisations who are interested in engaging with our students and you can be sure of a friendly, helpful and efficient service. There are many ways in which you can get involved which are outlined in the enclosed brochure sheets and we are always open to innovative suggestions.
- Skills training
- Internships and placements
- Graduate recruitment
- Part time staff
- Global opportunities
- Sponsorship and endorsements
We host a number of Mini Careers Fairs around the following sectors:
- Environment and Sustainability
- PR, Marketing and Media
- Mining and Geology
- Energy (exploration, supply and renewables)
- Postgraduate Study
- Third Sector
- Public Sector
If you would like further details on our students, the campus and ways in which you can get involved then contact:
Employment Services Officer
Phone: +44 (0)1326 255756