Career Zone blog
Our widely read University of Exeter Career Zone blog provides a great opportunity for you to share your recruitment and career experiences with our students. Submit an entry on anything from the recruitment process to providing an insight into your industry or career pathway. The blog attracts contributions from current students, Exeter alumni, employers and University of Exeter staff. You can view the blog here.
- Application form hints and tips
- Make your CV stand out
- The importance of commercial awareness
- What to expect at an assessment centre
- The benefits of social media when job hunting
- Why work experience counts
- Interview techniques (phone, face-to-face, skype, video)
- Effective networking
- Make the most of a careers fair
- An insight into… (career pathway/industry)
These are just a few suggestions – we are always open to new ideas.
We recommend your article is no more than 400 words in length and that you provide a photo to ensure maximum impact. It must also be tailored specifically to Exeter students.
We welcome contributions throughout the year, however we may delay publication to ensure that the content appears at the most appropriate time (for example, applications may be focused in the autumn term). We will advise you if this is the case.
There are no costs attached to contributing to our blog, which aids the employability of our students. However we request that such activity is not used as a direct recruitment tool.
To find out more about writing a post of the blog, please contact:
Career Zone Information Officer
Tel: 01392 726549