- The University of Exeter & your career
- My Career Zone
- Career research
- Skills training and events
- Part-time jobs
- Graduate jobs
- CVs, applications, interviews
- Global employability
- Enterprise and self-employment
- Postgraduate Researchers and Research Staff
- Information for graduates
- Information for employers
- Information for staff
- Contact us
University of Exeter Annual Fund
To network with other aspiring teachers and University of Exeter alumni working as teachers, login to uk.linkedin.com and search in Groups for 'Aspirational Teachers Programme'
The Aspirational Teachers Programme
After a successful pilot programme in 2012, the Aspirational Teachers Programme is returning for a second year!
The Aspirational Teachers Programme will place a total of 60 Exeter undergraduate students with a passion for teaching from both Streatham and Tremough campuses into selected secondary schools in the local area.
This programme is run in association with the Graduate School of Education and Student Recruitment Office.
Students on the programme will:
- Deliver an enterprise activity for pupils in the participating school and provide additional support for teachers in the classroom
- Gain practical experience and develop teaching skills which will prove invaluable for applying for PGCE programmes
- Motivate pupils and help them acquire enterprise skills, and assist in their personal development
- Present positive role-models for pupils wishing to pursue their studies in Higher Education
Students will be allocated a school in the local area corresponding to their Campus. Travel expenses will be subsidised.
All participating students in the programme will undergo a rigorous selection process. Successful applicants will be required to attend a training and preparation event, as well as a refresher session. Please ensure you are able to attend the training sessions on these dates before applying:
Tremough Participants: 18th March 2013
Streatham Participants: 11th March 2013
Applicants will be checked by the DBS (formerly known as CRB) at the expense of the University and any student who fails to complete the programme, without good cause, will be required to reimburse the University with the DBS cost. Only those students who have a genuine enthusiasm for teaching and who are best at demonstrating the key competencies in the application form will be offered a place on the programme.
The school placement is for one week, from 10-14th June. Please ensure you will be able to attend all 5 days before applying for the programme.
If you have any enquiries about the programme or about the application, please email ATP@exeter.ac.uk.
How to apply:
To apply for the Aspirational Teachers Programme, please follow the link below:
The application closing date has been extended. Applications now close on Friday 18th January 2013.
For guidance on completing the application form, visit the University webpage http://www.exeter.ac.uk/careers/jobapplications/applicationforms/ and request a review of your application at the Career Zone.
Previous participants talk about their experience of the University of Exeter's Aspirational Teachers Programme.