- The University of Exeter & your career
- My Career Zone
- Career research
- Skills training and events
- Part-time jobs
- Graduate jobs
- CVs, applications, interviews
- Global employability
- Enterprise and self-employment
- Postgraduate Researchers and Research Staff
- Information for graduates
- Information for employers
- Information for staff
- Contact us
What happens in the University of Exeter Career Zone?
The Career Zone,
University of Exeter Forum
Tel: 01392 724493
Come and see us
Career Zone - Streatham Campus, Exeter
The Career Zone
University of Exeter Forum
Tel: 01392 724493,
When you visit the Career Zone our information staff will be on hand to help with a wide range of enquiries, such as:
- CV or application form reviews.
- Advice on finding work experience, graduate jobs, or postgraduate study.
- Finding information and advice on interviews and assessment centres.
- We can tell you about our programme of workshops and events.
- If necessary the team will suggest booking you an appointment with a Careers Consultant.
- Don’t worry If you don’t know what you want to do when you graduate, all the more reason to come and see us and find out about the help which is on offer.
The Career Zone is open Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
We are open throughout the year except for Bank Holidays, the period between Christmas and New Year and for a short period in August. However, if you are planning to visit us and are travelling some distance, we recommend you telephone first to check availability.
What's in the Career Zone?
Community & Volunteering
Find out about opportunities with the Students’ Guild such as course reps, volunteering, signing up to societies and activities.
Come and meet employers in a relaxed and informal setting and find out more about their opportunities for you.
Enterprise & Self Employment
Talk to entrepreneurs and get advice about setting up your own business or becoming self employed.
Explore international work placements, jobs and opportunities abroad, discuss options and gain advice and support with the global employability team.
Use our computers to access My Career Zone, search or apply for jobs, create your CV, practise psychometric tests, or anything related to your employability development.
We hold over 200 books on making applications, taking psychometric tests, accepting job offers, post graduate study and funding, gap year information, working abroad, and sector specific information. We always have loads of materials you can take away, come in to collect your copy of the Exeter Careers Guide, various careers magazines, Target Jobs, postgraduate publications and so much more.
Your first port of call; ask us anything career related and we will help you work out your next steps from getting started with your career planning to applying for jobs.
Work Experience & Jobs
Come and talk to us about finding casual work, internships or graduate jobs both on and off campus.