- The University of Exeter & your career
- My Career Zone
- Career research
- Skills training and events
- Part-time jobs
- Graduate jobs
- CVs, applications, interviews
- Global employability
- Enterprise and self-employment
- Postgraduate Researchers and Research Staff
- Information for graduates
- Information for employers
- Information for staff
- Contact us
Students, staff and employers talk about the internship schemes managed by the University of Exeter
Listen to our podcast "Internships And Work Experience"
Internships and work experience
The University of Exeter defines an internship as employment that:
- is undertaken at the beginning of a career
- is paid (unless exemptions apply)
- includes tasks and responsibilities normally associated with a graduate level position
- uses undergraduate level skills, knowledge and experience
- aids student/graduate career development
- provides training and support
Most large graduate recruiters offer summer internships to undergraduates, usually to students in their penultimate year. Closing dates for applications tend to be very early in the academic year, so it's vital to apply early.
University of Exeter students and graduates can search for internships in our online system My Career Zone. Details of the internship schemes we manage are listed below, but there are many internships listed on My Career Zone that don't fall under these schemes. View a feed of these latest vacancies.
University of Exeter internship schemes
Below is an overview of the internship schemes managed by the University of Exeter. We promote equal opportunities in all internship recruitment.
- Access to Internships
Access to Internships is a fund to help Exeter students and graduates secure a paid internship placement. Typically we offer a £500 subsidy to potential employers to help towards the cost of your internship placement.
- Student Campus Partnerships
The University of Exeter offers opportunities across campus, from short-term business & administrative support through to long-term project management, Student Campus Partnerships can provide students with valuable paid work experience whilst offering a flexible resource to the University's Services and Colleges.
- Student Business Partnerships
The Student Business Partnership scheme offers University of Exeter students from all disciplines the chance to gain essential paid work experience within a number of well-respected local businesses.
- Graduate Business Partnerships
The Graduate Business Partnership (GBP) scheme has been established to create paid opportunities for recent graduates in their chosen career. GBPs are graduate level positions, that use your the skills, abilities and subject knowledge that you have developed at University. Offering relatively inexperienced graduates the chance to access challenging roles, GBPs are a great way to develop your employability and start your career.
Internships and work experience
With thanks to CareerPlayer, Graduate Jobs and Career Advice on video
Do you need help finding an internship?
Our Careers Consultants can help you. Before you book an appointment with us please ensure you have:
- Seen what is available in My Career Zone.
- Listened to our podcast "Internships And Work Experience".
When you have completed these steps please book an appointment.