Support for work placements
There is a wide range of support available for work placement students, this may vary slightly between modules and programmes but will include some or all of the following:
- Module Lead/Programme Director support for academic and placement queries, as well as advice on finding placement opportunities.
- 1 to 1 appointments with Employability and Placement Advisers and/or Employability and Careers Consultants to discuss any queries or gain advice and guidance.
- Employability lectures and workshops to support a range of areas such as deciding which placement you want to do, CV’s, interviews, assessment centres etc.
- 1 to many sessions where students will work in groups with an Employability & Placement Adviser, discussing particular placement topics and learning from each other as well as the Adviser.
- Email support on queries, support and advice from the Placements Team.
- Access to online employability resources such as; My Career Zone Digital, Handshake and GoinGlobal.
- Access to recruitment tools e.g. video interviewing and CV review.
- Access to advertised placement roles via Handshake.
- Employer and student recruitment events.
You can access some of the general support on offer by looking at our 'Help with Placements' web page found here.