Careers for Classics and Ancient History graduates - factsheet
Your Careers Consultant for this subject at Streatham is Tom McAndrew
See what your fellow Classics and Ancient History students and graduates say about their paid internships, with the UoE Internship Schemes.
The Career Zone have produced a guide: Careers for Classics and Ancient History graduates
With a Classics and Ancient History degree from the University of Exeter, you'll be able to:
• Understand another culture and a complementary range of subjects like
language, literature, linguistics, philosophy, history, art and archaeology
• Demonstrate bibliographical and library research skills, textual analysis,
historical method, visual skills characteristic of art criticism, use of
statistics, philosophical argument and analysis, and skills in translation from
and/or into Greek and/or Latin
• Understand a range of viewpoints and critical approaches
• Gather, memorise, organise and deploy information, extract key elements
from data and identify and solve associated problems
• Engage in analytical, evaluative and lateral thinking
• Present material orally and in writing
Here are some examples of jobs and further study that study Classics and Ancient History graduates have entered:
Professional Institutions or Organisations relevant to Classics and Ancient History
- English Heritage - background information about historical sites and buildings around the UK, news and events. Jobs information on the "About Us" pages
- National Trust - site includes jobs pages
- Institute of Conservation - organisation offering bursaries for museum and archive conservation projects
To browse further information across a range of sectors please visit our sector pages.
Classics and Ancient History in the Workplace
Links to job options, career areas and resources with further information on what Classics graduates do.