Careers for Clean Energy Engineering graduates - factsheet
With a Renewable Energy degree from the University of Exeter you’ll be able to:
- use the latest renewable energy technology including specialised software packages
- demonstrate an awareness of social and ethical issues related to engineering
- have an awareness of the commercial and business issues relevant to engineering projects
- demonstrate excellent analytical skills, including critically interpreting data and text
- solve problems using both logic and creative / innovative approaches
- develop reasoned arguments and present them in oral or written form to wider audiences
What can you do with your Renewable Energy degree?
There are excellent employment prospects in this rapidly developing sector with Renewable Energy students using their expertise in energy policy, marine renewables, bio-fuels, electrical power and networks, wind, photo-voltaic and thermal technologies.
- Exeter Renewable Energy pages
- The UK Energy Research Centre (UKERC) - carries out world-class research into sustainable future energy systems. Subscribe to their free newsletter
University of Exeter links:
- Renewable Energy Employability Page
- RESS (Renewable Energy & Sustainability Society) Facebook page
- CEMPS Facebook page
Professional Institutions and Organisations Relating to Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy in the Workplace
Renewable Energy job titles typically include the following:
- Energy Engineer
- Chartered Energy Manager
- Energy & Utilities Manager
- Energy & Sustainability Consultant
- Energy Conservation Officer
- Energy Management
The Prospects website offers links to job options, careers areas, and sources of vacancies as well as the Energy Institute website.
Careers Consultant Sessions for Renewable Energy students 2013/14
For Careers Consultant sessions from the current academic year, please click here.