- The University of Exeter & your career
- My Career Zone
- Career research
- Skills training and events
- Part-time jobs
- Graduate jobs
- CVs, applications, interviews
- Global employability
- Enterprise and self-employment
- Postgraduate Researchers and Research Staff
- Information for graduates
- Information for employers
- Information for staff
- Contact us
Hints for choosing your career video
With thanks to CareerPlayer, Graduate Jobs and Career Advice on video
Careers and employability talks
Listen to our careers and employability talks (given in your department at the start of the academic year), aimed at:
Career planning websites
- Prospects Planner is a good web based tool that can match your skills, personality and interests to hundreds of potential careers.
- The Prospects website also offers a wealth of information on career planning and job hunting, as well as profiling many different careers with advice on how to get into them.
Profiling for success
Profiling for Success is a self-assessment tools that can help you in your personal and career development. You can use these tools to understand more about:
- How your abilities relate to career choices
- Your learning style and how you can become a more effective learner
- You preferences and how these relate to your strengths and possible areas for development
The career research resources listed below are all availaible in the Career Zones on the Streatham and Tremough Campuses, open to students and recent graduates. Our information staff can help you locate relevant information. We offer free printing of any careers-related material, and reference materials can be photocopied for a small charge.
Careers Magazines - We hold general and specific career magazines covering most types of work, and some targeted at graduates with disabilities and students from ethnic minorities.
We hold over 200 books on making applications, taking psychometric tests, accepting job offers, post graduate study and funding, gap year information, working abroad, advertising, media, law and much more. To look at any of our books, please ask at reception in the Career Zone. Our books are searchable via the Main Library Catalogue. To view a full list of our reference books via the catalogue insert 'Careers Collection' under 'keyword'.
Adult Directions - Career and skills matching tool. This can be accessed via a computer in the Information Room or online via login. Please ask staff at the Career Zone Enquiries Desk for login information.
If you’re looking for a list of hundreds of mainstream employers, we hold a variety of directories, free for you to take away. Stocks are limited, but reference copies are always available.
The following directories are available online:
Self help sheets
Need some extra help? Speak to us about career research and planning
Our Information Team are happy to meet you to discuss career planning. Please make sure you have researched some of the resources above, you can then Book an appointment.