Based at the University of Exeter’s Truro campus in Cornwall, the European Centre for Environment and Human Health conducts world-class research into the complex connections between the environment and health.
Work with us
We have developed an international reputation as the pre-eminent research institute in Cornwall by collaborating with local stakeholders to undertake cutting-edge research addressing scientific, medical, and social concerns.
Together with our campus partners we have contributed more than half a billion pounds to the Cornish economy and sustained over 1,000 jobs a year – one of the the main reasons our local community enjoys the lowest unemployment rates and highest average wages in the Duchy.
Visit the University's main Working with you pages
Work with us to attain a suitable business solution
Amie Fulton, Head of Impact, Innovation and Business (Cornwall)
Phone: 01326 371886
The European Centre for Environment and Human Health works with businesses to help develop environment and health research that will have commercial applications and societal benefits, leading to improvements in people’s health and wellbeing.
By providing the opportunity to interact and build relationships, the In residence scheme enables businesses and researchers to gain a better understanding of each other’s work, identify areas of collaboration, and develop research proposals.
Phone: +44 (0) 1872 258131
Working with Cornwall (PDF)
The University of Exeter's Environment and Sustainability Institute (ESI) is a £30 million interdisciplinary centre leading cutting-edge research into solutions to problems of environmental change.
Based at our Penryn Campus, the Institute works with the University's team of Impact and Partnership Development Managers to form partnerships with businesses, stakeholders, commercial investors and local, national and regional support providers to help translate research and expertise into innovative business practices, products and services.
Phone: +44 (0) 1392 723456
Work with our students
There are various events and opportunities throughout the year in which to engage with students, raise your profile on campus and recruit students and graduates.
- Part time Jobs Fair (Joint with Falmouth Uni) : Tuesday 25th Sep 11-2pm in The Compass
- Student Experience Showcase (Joint with FXU): Tuesday 2nd October 11-2pm in The Compass
- Volunteering Fair (Joint with FXU): Tuesday 9th October 4-6pm in the Lower Stannary
- ‘Career & Opportunities Fair’: Wednesday 7th November 11-2pm in the Sports Hall
- Work Abroad/Study Abroad: Wednesday 14th Nov 11-2pm in The Compass
Presentations provide the ideal opportunity to meet students who are particularly interested in your company and for you to make them aware of the opportunities you can offer.
For those organisations planning to interview or test a number of Exeter applicants as part of their recruitment cycle, it often proves easier and more cost efficient to undertake these on campus.
The opportunity to practice interview skills with an experienced interviewer can have an enormous impact on student career outcomes.
The University of Exeter produces high calibre, employable students and graduates. There are many different ways they can work with your organisation.
- Graduate Business Partnership (GBP) - This partnership offers employers the opportunity to recruit recent graduates to fulfil your business need
- PhD students – Whether your business is large or small you can work with research students by sponsoring a student to undertake a relevant research project (supporting the whole PhD), or contributing to the part of cost of a PhD through match funding.
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) – Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) enable businesses to improve effectiveness and productivity by accessing new knowledge and expertise.
- Student Business Partnership (SBP) – A University student to work for you, dedicated to solving one of the challenges you face in developing your business.
- Access to Internships (A2I) Subsidies for Employers - Access to Internships (A2I) is a fund to help SME employers offset the cost of hiring a University of Exeter finalist or graduate on a paid internship or graduate role.
- Casual, part-time and vacation work - If you are looking for staff to provide part time work, cover casual shifts or carry out temporary casual jobs then our students can help whilst they study or during vacation periods.