There is a three-year procurement strategy in place to support the University’s climate emergency declarations and social value strategies.
Actions so far have been:
- To develop a carbon reduction forecasting report with suppliers committing to a reduction of 2,241 tonnes of CO2 by 2027.
- The introduction of 20% scoring criteria on tender documents to ensure carbon reduction and social value is measured over the contract duration.
- To register 86% of suppliers on the sustainable toolkit ‘Net Positives’ allowing them to develop and upload responsible procurement action plans.
- Continuing to develop and support local supply chains with 37% of suppliers being based in Cornwall and Devon and 44% of impactable spend via local suppliers.
- Embedding a new and improved tender management system and a supplier performance rating currently at 80%
- Running Higher Education Procurement Association (HEPA) responsible Procurement training for all key staff.