The relationship with Exeter has been fantastic. We know that we can always email or phone the Degree Apprenticeships team and they will respond promptly to support us in overcoming any problems. Our feedback is always listened to which has been really important to us.
We already knew that the University was the first of the Russell group establishments to take on degree apprenticeships, and with a high standard of delivery being reported by our other industry partners.
We have found that investing in our employees means that they are more loyal to the company and stay with us longer. We also open up the opportunity to complete an apprenticeship to our existing staff who may not have had the opportunity to study at a degree level in the past.
Information for employers
About Degree Apprenticeships
Degree Apprenticeships offer an innovative and cost-effective way of attracting, training and retaining high-calibre employees and graduates to your business.
We work in collaboration with employers to shape customised programmes that meet specific business needs. As such, your needs are addressed as part of the co-design of the Degree Apprenticeships programmes we offer.
When working with you, we are committed to:
- Developing and delivering all academic elements of the programme, providing an exceptional quality of lecturers, tutors and support staff to deliver content that complies with the Apprenticeship Standard and meets your organisation's skills and knowledge requirements
- Identifying the delivery models that suit your business needs best, including residential teaching, interactive online study and work-based learning
- Appointing dedicated Programme Leads and Academic Mentors as well as a Relationship Manager who will be the key contact for any feedback, requests or issues that might arise
- Ensuring regular apprentice feedback and performance monitoring are fed back into improvements to the programme
- Providing apprentices with access to the full range of services and supports available to University of Exeter students, ensuring a first-class education and exceptional student experience.
As an employer partner, you have a unique opportunity to shape the development of your next-generation employees, as well as up-skill your current staff, in collaboration with a UK top 10 university.
Since April 2017, Apprenticeships are funded through the Apprenticeship Levy.
All employers with a pay bill of over £3 million will automatically pay the Apprenticeship Levy of 0.5 per cent to the government.
Employers with a pay bill of less than £3 million will not pay the Apprenticeship Levy but are still eligible for government funding to access Higher Level and Degree Apprenticeships.
To estimate the Apprenticeship Levy payment for your organisation
Use this tool to estimate if you will pay the Apprenticeship Levy, how much your organisation will have available to spend on apprenticeships and how much the government will contribute towards the cost of training.
If you pay the Levy:
- You will pay 0.5 per cent of your pay bill by PAYE to your Digital Apprenticeships Service (DAS) account, minus a £15,000 allowance. Your account holds your account information and your levy fund
- Your Apprenticeship funds are held with your pay bill data in your digital account. The government will add an extra 10 per cent to your digital account on any levy payments that are deposited
- Money paid into your account must be used within 24 months of deposit, by recruiting an apprentice with a registered training provider
- The Degree Apprentice begins their apprenticeship: working for you while learning new skills from our excellent education provision
- Your training provider draws down funds from your account as your apprentice accesses their degree programme
- If you want to employ more apprentices than you hold levy funds for in your account, the government will fund 90 per cent of the extra costs.
For further information about making your Apprenticeship Levy payments, and how to use them, see the government's information guide for employers.