Weekends on request and charged as overtime (£26ph) minimum £78
Request a porter via the Campus Services Help Desk
firstname.lastname@example.org for all queries, updates, additional information or advice.
The team are available 08.30-16.30 Monday-Friday
Facilities Assistants (porterage)
The team have a very diverse role across both Exeter campuses, delivering a robust and effective service to the Colleges, Professional Services, students and visitors. This includes a 24/7, 365 days a year presence in the Forum. The remit is physically demanding, with logistical planning expertise and detailed knowledge of campus buildings.
The team aspire to customer service excellence alongside strong health and safety standards, while providing a safe and suitable environment for staff, students and visitors.
Campus Facilities Assistants (Porters)
Facilities Assistants support both Exeter campuses and undertake a variety of roles including:
- Transporting parcels, equipment and confidential material around and between both campuses
- Setting up of areas for teaching, meetings, events and high profile functions
- Disposal of IT equipment, furniture, electrical waste and more
- Opening, closing and securing of campus buildings
- Identifying and reporting building maintenance, security, health & safety, and fire issues
- Small office moves
- Furniture re-use initiative
- Event Exeter client hospitality
- Examination, Open Day and Graduation setups and duties
- Support major incident response across the city
The team are busy with commitments throughout the year, so to avoid difficulties we do ask for 5 days’ notice when submitting requests, however in reality we will provide an adaptable and flexible approach to help meet deadlines.
The Facilities Assistants team are committed to the University of Exeter’s sustainability targets and help to achieve this by:
- Turning off lights projectors and screens, and closing windows during building locks
- Efficient route planning and using electric vehicles where possible
- Assessing disposal requests, saving and cataloguing items for re-use
- Breaking down furniture and sorting mixed collections into recyclable materials
- Meeting ISO14001 standards by recording accurate data and documentation
Monday to Friday:
Streatham 07:00 to 20:00 - St Lukes 07:00 to 20:00 - Forum 24 hours
Saturday, Sunday and after 20:00:
On request as overtime and charged at £26 per hour with a minimum charge of 3 hours. A budget code must be attached for bookings through Room Bookings.
- Conference bookings will be charged through Event Exeter as normal.
- Cancellations must be received 48 hours before the booking commences if the Event is to be held over the weekend. Failure to notify Facilities in the timescale stated will incur a minimum 3 hour charge at £26 per hour.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com
- In 2020 we saved 4335kg of furniture from disposal and delivered out for re-use
- For the main exam venues we’re required to deliver and set out desks and chairs totalling 2872
- It takes 975 chairs to set full concert seating in the Great Hall