The Digital Team are responsible for the University's external-facing web and digital presences and managing the University's visual identity online.
Leading on web and digital media development, we provide a professional service to the University, working in partnership with Colleges and Professional Services to support strategic aims and objectives.
Using a content-first strategy, we produce websites to meet user needs, ensuring users can easily find the information they are looking for. Through use of targeted copy, images, video and audio we develop clean and simple websites, accessible across all digital platforms and audiences.
Who we are
The team is made up of highly experienced professionals in digital marketing, communication, web design and content production. Find out more about the digital team members.
What we do
At the earliest stage of your project or request for digital work, involve the Digital Team and we will help you work out who your key users are and plan the structure, content and visual design to meet your audiences’ needs. We will advise regarding governance and provide training in t4, our content management system, to empower you and your team in maintaining and continuing to improve your web presence.
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
We manage the University’s central social media channels on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, as well as our Chinese social media channels. We provide guidance regarding setting up social media channels to reach your specific audiences, as well as working with University colleagues to generate appropriate content to promote via our main channels.
We have also created comprehensive social media guidelines for members of University staff using social media and networks to represent the University.
Get in touch: email@example.com
We manage iExeter, the student app including planning, building and launching new features as well as troubleshooting issues. Our user research, feedback and testing ensures that the app continuously evolves to meet user needs and remains focused on efficient, task-focused functionality. We also provide advice and guidance if your project or service requires app development.
Get in touch: B.Richards@exeter.ac.uk
We provide training and support where appropriate to enable you to update and manage your area of the website. Our web support site provides a range of guidance and resources to support web authors across the University with publishing and maintaining content on the University website according to University style guidelines and best principles.
If you believe you need t4 training please fill out the t4 training request form and we will get in touch to discuss your requirements.
Recent digital projects include:
- Making the Exceptional Happen - A campaign site to support the University’s fundraising campaign
- Exeter Marine - Sowcasing the University’s expertise in Marine science spanning several Colleges
- Apprenticeships - Highlighting the apprenticeship opportunities across the University
- Camborne School of Mines - A new mobile responsive website for the CSM discipline within the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences.
- Grand Challenges - Supporting the week-long student event which generates solutions to a range of contemporary global challenges
- May the Fourth be with you! - A film we posted on Facebook and Twitter to wish our students good luck in their exams on ‘Star Wars Day’.
- Live stream to China - In partnership with the British Council we produced a 2 hour live stream promoting the University to students in China through interviews with staff and students across campus.