The Web Team are responsible for the University's external-facing web and digital presences and for the managing the University's visual identity online.
We design, develop, publish and maintain the central homepages, and offer support and advice on web issues to Colleges and Services. We also manage the University's corporate social media, create and manage email newsletters and run digital marketing campaigns.
Through our Web Marketing Officers we offer direct support to Colleges and Professional Services (see who we are).
We support and develop Site Manager, the Content Management System (CMS) which underpins the University website.
Some of our recent projects have included
- the Grand Challenges website
- designing and managing content for the iExeter smartphone app
- the redeveloped Ten Tors website
- the Professional Services Review website
- redeveloping the Current Students homepage
- developing University’s Forum eKiosk information stands
- building and launching the new Medical School site
- building the Career Zone website for students
- developing the University's Events system
- new Grounds and gardens website
- new design and launch of Exeter Science Park website
- launching new Art History and Visual Culture and Liberal Arts sites within Humanities
- designing and launching the Strategy and Security Institute site
- the development of an online Research Toolkit for academics and support staff with Research and Knowledge Transfer
We can offer help and advice on most web and digital issues including
- Web design
- Content planning, creation and management
- Project planning and management
- Database and application development
- Web accessibility
- Search engine optimisation
- Web traffic measurement and analysis
- Social Media management
- Search advertising and digital marketing
- Email newsletters
Web support site
The web support site provides a range of guidance and resources to help web authors across the University to publish and maintain content on the University website, including:
- Site Manager guidance, training and how-tos
- Writing for the web
- University style guide
- Web accessibility
- Image copyright
- Social media guidelines
For more information on the team and our services, please contact the Web Editor.