Digital and Social Media
The Digital and Social Media team are responsible for the University's external-facing web and digital presences and for the managing the University's visual identity online.
We design, develop, publish and maintain the central homepages, and offer support and advice on web issues to Colleges and Services. We also manage the University's corporate social media, create and manage email newsletters and run digital marketing campaigns.
Through our Web Officers we offer direct support to Colleges and Professional Services (see who we are).
We support and develop Site Manager, the Content Management System (CMS) which underpins the University website.
Some of our recent projects have included
- the Corporate Strategy website
- Social media campaigns for the Diamond Jubilee #loveexeter
- designing and managing content for the iExeter smartphone app
- designing and launching the Diamond Jubilee site.
- building and launching the new responsive Undergraduate and Postgraduate study sites
- designing and launching the new Accommodation site
- building and launching the new Medical School site
- redeveloping the Law website
- the development of an online Research Toolkit for academics and support staff.
We can offer help and advice on most web and digital issues including
- Web design
- Content planning, creation and management
- Project planning and management
- Database and application development
- Web accessibility
- Search engine optimisation
- Web traffic measurement and analysis
- Social Media management
- Search advertising and digital marketing
- Email newsletters
Web support site
The web support site provides a range of guidance and resources to help web authors across the University to publish and maintain content on the University website, including:
- Site Manager guidance, training and how-tos
- Writing for the web
- University style guide
- Web accessibility
- Image copyright
- Social media guidelines
For more information on the team and our services, please contact the Web Editor.