Tweet your Thesis/ Tweet your Research
We are pleased to announce that Tweet Your Thesis will run again this year as part of Research Showcase Week 2021.
The competition will open on Monday 3 May 2021 at 10am until Wednesday 12 May 2021 at 5pm.
Full details about the competition can be found on the following tabs.
As part of our Research Showcase, we are challenging our PGRs to communicate their research to a public audience – in 280 characters. Our Tweet Your Thesis/Tweet Your Research competition is inspired by the #tweetyourthesis hashtag, and the British Library’s #ShareMyThesis competition.
Our Tweet Your Thesis/Tweet Your Research competition will run from Monday 3 May 2021 at 10am- Wednesday 12 May 2021 at 5pm. To enter, you must tweet during these times using the #tweetyourthesis and tagging @ExeterDoctoral.
- You must be a University of Exeter postgraduate researcher (PGR).
- To enter, you must tweet your thesis between Monday 3 May 2021 at 10am- Wednesday 12 May 2021 at 5pm.
- You are limited to one, 280 character tweet.
- Links to extra text explaining your research is not allowed (no twitter threads- it has to be one tweet!)
- You can include images in your tweet, but not those that contain text.
- Gifs and emojis can also be used!
- If you are a PGR you must use the #tweetyourthesis and tag @ExeterDoctoral.
Please note your tweets will be displayed in a feed on the Doctoral College website, and on screen as part of our Three Minute Thesis competition, PGR Indcutions and other Doctoral College events.
Tweets will be judged according to:
- Clarity of tweet
- Succinctness of tweet
- Accessibility to a layman’s audience
The panel will also consider the impact and inventiveness of your use of your 280 characters.
Judges for the 2021 competition will announced soon.
We awarded prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in our #tweetyourthesis competition 2020 as follows:
It was very close at the top and we have a couple of highly commended tweets picked out by the judges: