Listen to Inmaculada Adarves-Yorno video on mindfulness
Wellbeing Month 2018
- Wellbeing Wednesday- Desk Yoga- Wednesday 21 March- we have teamed up with the Wellbeing Wednesday initiative in Geography to put on a desk yoga session for PGRs and ECRs on 21st March. You can book your place on My Career Zone. If you are interested in running your own Wellbeing Wednesday events, the organisers have put together a pack you can download with advice, guidance and activities! Wellbeing Wednesday Pack
- The Balancing Act- Wednesday 28 March- We have organised a lunchtime session on work/life balance for PGRs called ‘The Balancing Act’ on 28th March. You can book your place on My Career Zone.
As we are focusing on wellbeing, we just wanted to remind you of the support services available to you as PGRs:
- Wellbeing Services offer a range of support for both undergraduate and postgraduate students at the Exeter campuses.
- FXPlus Student Services provides a range of support, information and specialist services at the Penryn, Truro and Falmouth Campuses. Contact them by phone: 01326 370460 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carefirst provides confidential, impartial advice and support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. To contact Care First telephone: 0800 174319.
- Silvercloud offers free, secure, immediate access to online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy programmes, tailored to your specific needs.
- Complimentary Therapies such as massage and reflexology are available on the Streatham campus at reduced prices for staff and postgraduate researchers.
- Free eye test vouchers are available to all PGRs through Occupational Health – just complete the Display Screen Equipment self-assessment and send it to the Safety Team!
Don’t forget there’s lots more on our ELE pages to support your wellbeing, and we strongly encourage self-care as a fundamental part of your research journey. This recent article by Dr. Siobhan O’Dwyer in the Medical Schools has some great suggestions for self-care for academics – why not give it read during a coffee break today?