Our research strives to bring about positive and sustainable changes to society and the economy, and our academic community work with external business, government bodies and other organisations to do this. We develop new knowledge, technologies and innovative solutions with businesses and the wider community, and welcome the opportunity to work with external organisations. Our dedicated knowledge exchange team is part of the University’s Innovation, Impact and Business (IIB) department. IIB supports collaborations between businesses and University researchers to:
- Accelerate partner engagement, through brokering relationships and facilitating discussions;
- Build a community of industrial and governmental connections;
- Support the development of new knowledge, technologies and solutions for businesses;
- Connect academics and businesses more effectively to;
- Identify multidisciplinary opportunities and stimulating research questions.
Professor Tapas Mallick, Dr Hasan Baig and Jim Williams have created streamlined solar technology that fits neatly into glass blocks.
Dr Ilya Maclean and his team have developed cutting-edge models and tools that provide information on climate and weather at the scales of individual farms and fields.