St Lukes Campus
About the campaign
At Exeter, our vision is to be a global 100 research leader and create graduates of distinction within a community of the most talented and creative minds.
To achieve this, our aims for 2021 are:
- 10 – maintain our top 10 UK league table position
- 100 – be in the top 100 world league tables on a sustainable basis
- 1,000 – submit 1,000 researchers to the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2020*
Our new Campaign ‘Making the Exceptional Happen’ will play a vital role in achieving this.
Our Campaign aims to:
- Raise £60 million in philanthropy
- Secure £100 million from research grants and corporate partners
- Secure 60,000 volunteer hours
Philanthropy on this scale will be transformative for our students and our research. But we need your help to make it happen.
Download the Case for support (.pdf)
Your gifts of money and time will increase the worldwide impact of our research and education in Devon and Cornwall.
- Bring the very best minds to the University to lead major research, helping solve some of the greatest challenges of today.
- Offer our students an outstanding experience in their studies and in their lives; from the lecture theatre, to the lab, to the sports-field, preparing them to become graduates who make a real difference in the world.
The Campaign aims to grow our research in four key areas:
- Sustainable Futures
- Understanding ‘Living Systems’ to tackle disease
- Enriching Society and Culture
Securing the future
Compared to many of its peers, the University of Exeter is a young institution and the size of its endowment reflects this. The current endowment of £33.1 million is split into three funds - two of them restricted, meaning they can only be applied in pre-specified ways. The Exeter Forever endowment was established as an unrestricted permanent endowment to reap the benefits of long-term investment potential.
A key Campaign goal is to grow the Exeter Forever Fund by £1 million by 2020. Learn more about leaving a legacy here.
View each of our key themes to learn more about the Campaign and how your support can help us make the exceptional happen.
If you are interested in supporting the Campaign or have further questions please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The Research Excellence Framework (REF) is an independent national assessment of research carried out every six years.