- How to achieve the Exeter Award
- Student profiles
- Login to your award profile
- Completion deadlines for final year students
- What employers say about the Exeter Award
- How to describe your Exeter Award on your CV/LinkedIn profile/to employers
- Exeter Leaders Award
- Institute of Leadership and Management qualification
- Contact us
- Career Zone website
How to describe your Exeter Award on your CV/LinkedIn profile/to employers
Many Universities offer some kind of employability or extracurricular award and employers are unlikely to be familiar with the precise content of the Exeter Award. Simply putting ’Exeter Award’ on your CV/LinkedIn profile is unlikely to mean much.
For this reason, we recommend you describe what you actually did to achieve your Award, under a section headed, for example, ‘other qualifications’ or ‘achievements’ or ‘Interests and extracurricular activities’ on your CV and in the ‘Honours and Awards’ section of your LinkedIn profile.
You could describe the Award as recognition from the University for your extracurricular achievements, and for developing your employability skills through work experience/volunteering plus attendance at a range of skills sessions. Bullet point the components of your Award together with a brief summary of the skills you developed from these.