- How to achieve the Exeter Award
- Student profiles
- Login to your award profile
- Completion deadlines for final year students
- What employers say about the Exeter Award
- How to describe your Exeter Award on your CV/LinkedIn profile/to employers
- Exeter Leaders Award
- Institute of Leadership and Management qualification
- Contact us
- Career Zone website
Exeter Leaders Award
"Initially I did the Award just to put on my CV as another thing I had got from my time at Exeter. I had no idea at the time how much it was going to help me. I learned to be more successful in job hunting during the recession and know I can compete."
Biological Medicinal Chemistry student
Leadership and achievement
The Exeter Leaders Award is an extracurricular award that recognises leadership and provides a framework to help you develop as a leader. To achieve the Leaders Award you must:
- Complete the Exeter Award
- Demonstrate leadership skills and attributes via a designated leadership role, whilst studying at Exeter
- Attend a programme of leadership development workshops
- Complete a reflective application form
- Deliver a presentation to a panel
The Exeter Leaders Award focuses on leadership. Participants must demonstrate their leadership skills and attributes via a leadership role for a prolonged period of time, which takes place whilst studying at Exeter. In addition to your leadership role, you must complete and submit an online application form, participate in five skills sessions, and deliver a presentation to a panel.
Completing The Exeter Award is a pre-requisite for registering for the Exeter Leaders Award. However, there is nothing to stop you attending Leaders Award activities in readiness – they will then show as completed in your Leaders Award profile when you register. See our FAQs for more information.
Completion Deadlines for Final Year Students
If you are in your final year and are planning to complete your Exeter Award or Leaders Award then this information is important to you.
Institute of Leadership and Management qualification
This year the university is offering the opportunity for students on both the Exeter and Cornwall Campuses to apply for a bursary to study for a professional qualification in leadership in conjunction with their Exeter Leaders Award. Find out more about the qualification and application process here.