Grand Challenges principles
These principles are the guiding aspects of Grand Challenges:
- The aims of Grand Challenges will link strongly to those of the Education Strategy e.g. to encourage research-inspired, innovative, multi-disciplinary, enquiry based learning and improve the employability attributes of our graduates.
- The topics covered will link to the University’s HASS and STEM strategies where possible.
- The programme will allow students to co-create some aspects of the Grand Challenges Week.
- Grand Challenges Week will be open to all undergraduate students.
- Grand Challenges will be a challenging, fun and engaging learning experience.
- Challenges will be led by academics. The PGR and the wider academic community (i.e. academics from different disciplines) will be involved and support the Challenges.
- Employers, alumni, honorary graduates, local businesses and the local community will be engaged in Grand Challenges in some form.
- Students from all campuses will have the opportunity to take part in Grand Challenges.