Project Manager LINCoS Project
University of Exeter Medical School, Knowledge Spa, Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro, TR1 3HD
Laurie is responsible for strategy, communication, dissemination and representation of the Smartline Project. His duties include the timely documentation and completion of project plans and associated documentation in accordance with funder and reporting requirements.
Management of communications activities, including:
- Developing the SMARTLINE communication plan
- Producing publicity material including delivery and management of the SMARTLINE webpage
- Ensure appropriate multi-media use to disseminate project information
- Manage the project and assist the partners in achieving aims and objectives
- Support and promote best practice project management across partner
- Facilitate regular liaison with the partners
- First internal/external point of contact for information and communication about all aspects of the project.
Manage the business engagement activities of the project, including:
- Preparation of a business engagement/knowledge exchange delivery plan, to ensure the Project maximises its ability to support the development of knowledge based businesses and a knowledge based economy in Cornwall
- To identify, encourage and support opportunities for collaborative working both with academic and commercial partners, in line with funder requirement
- Establishing and managing relationships with key partners and business representatives to facilitate business engagement with the Project
- To ensure positive long term relationships are established and maintained with local, national and international partners (including funders) and ensure opportunities for shared working are encouraged and exploited
Financial management and administration:
- To liaise effectively with the College and University’s financial and research offices concerning all contractual, financial and administrative matters, where appropriate
- To administer the overall budget and act as the primary source of advice to the SMARTLINE Research and Administration Leads on matters relating to management of financial resources, within the remit of the role
- To assist with the appropriate allocation of funds to delivery partners as needed
- To be responsible for reviewing budgets and making proposals for (re)allocation of funds, if/where needed, ensuring that funder’s terms and conditions are adhered to
- To assist in the preparation of relevant financial documentation for decision-making and reporting as required
Management of governance bodies:
- To manage preparation and collation of reports, reviews and other documentation
- To provide adequate and effective administrative support, including organising and administering meetings and committees, core events and conferences
- To ensure compliance with funder regulations and that appropriate records are kept at all times
- To make arrangements for annual reviews (mock audits) of record keeping by the University and all delivery partners
Laurie has a range of project management experience in the public sector that includes managing a large scale project that supported families with multiple and complex needs and implementing an organisational wide information management improvement plan. Laurie has also worked within Cornwall’s thriving voluntary sector where he managed alternative education programmes and European Social Fund (ESF) projects at a Falmouth based charity.
Outside of work, Laurie enjoys sea swimming, running and eating out in Falmouth’s restaurants.